Thread: From The Makers Of Kazaa Comes

Has anybody tried this? Got to wonder if there is any spywear in it.

Skype is the next phenomenon from the people who brought you KaZaA. Just like KaZaA, Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you to other users – not to share files this time, but to talk and chat with your friends.

The technology is extremely advanced - but super simple to use... You’ll be making free phone calls to your friends in no time!

Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to other Skype users
    Superior sound quality - better than your regular phone
    Works with all firewall, NAT and routers – nothing to configure!
    Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
    Super-simple and easy to use
    Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” for superior privacy
    Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
    http://www.skype.com/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    theres already a couple of other threads about it around, but i don't think anyone had tried the program. I think everyone was waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig. I reckon there must be a catch somewhere.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Proffesional Dumbass
    doesnt sound realistic to me

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    don't belive it has adware or spyware

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    huh! i dont think that is real

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Hmm...

Maybe I'm missing something but...

How is this better than programs such as TeamSpeak, BuddyPhone, PCTelephone, etc. ?

I mean, they all have good quality over broadband, are easy to use, etc. etc....

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    well i dl'ed it and there was no spyware, i ran a check with spybot and it didnt pick anything up. it said however in the licence that it may be open to 3rd party programs

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Isn't that simliar to yahoo / msn / aim messenger?

Your friend has to be online.
    You talk if he is online.

You could do that with a lot of other programs

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    From what I've seen it is a pay system because it says in the EULA something about a FREE trial. Now when the trial is over it asks you to pay. This is no better then Yahoo IM and I can use voice chat there. Becides it is FREE and not pay. So can someone tell me is this thing supposed to be FREE because I did not install it when it talked about pay.

Voodoohippie