Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow did you guys see the news on BitmeTV concerning invites . . . ..

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by piratebot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    BMTV is a really hard place to seed on. Not in the conventional way, either. I mean most people are going to want BMTV because of their internal packs, etc. If you're just going to use it for same-day tv show seeding, then it won't be a problem. But if you want all these huge packs of shows, then it might be hard for you to seed all of them back, without a long while of buffering.
    those popular shows/packs are usually freeleech on some 0day trackers. to be honest, the only real reason to have bitmetv is either for older stuff or non-popular shows you can't find elsewhere or you download nothing but tv and you're sick of rars. 0day trackers should be fine
    and bmtv doesn't have everything that's old.
    if they were in rars preseed would be so easy to do, higher ratios would be much easier to achieve, but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux and the speed on bmtv is too fast.
    so best way is to use ragular release build up a good ratio then use it for rare things since you cant always seed back.
    still a bit confused by the FAQ and rules about hit n run although never had prob b4
    have a look
    From FAQ
    A few words on Ratio etiquette
    There is a lot of talk about having a 1:1 ratio and how long you should seed. This should help:
    Try to seed each torrent to at least 0.5 (REGARDLESS of how long this takes)
    DON'T LEAVE A SWARM that has a low seed to leech ratio until either:
    The swarm has lots of seeds and you can do more good seeding elsewhere
    You have reached 1:1
    From Rules
    Downloading rules - By not following these rules you will lose download privileges!
    You must continue to seed any torrent you have downloaded until you either reach a 1.00 Download to Upload ratio or 48 hours, whichever comes first.

personally I had a couple of times that I could seed back to .6 and I only seeded for 12 hours but didnt receive any warnings.
    any thoughts ?
    Last edited by johhn; 11-29-2008 at 08:14 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/open-ra...linux-or-unix/

$ unrar e relasename.rar

wow, that's so much effort involved

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post

$ unrar e relasename.rar

some dedi severs are bit slow to do that job fast and seedbox dont have the access to that operation. bmtv release is normally only about 3 mins behind sct release with the same fast speed. anyway just wanna say direct preseed would be much easier for unrared files.
    Last edited by johhn; 11-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    PoorFook's Avatar SpongeBob's Minion BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Isn't ScT lacking behind now?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by piratebot View Post
    those popular shows/packs are usually freeleech on some 0day trackers. to be honest, the only real reason to have bitmetv is either for older stuff or non-popular shows you can't find elsewhere or you download nothing but tv and you're sick of rars. 0day trackers should be fine
    and bmtv doesn't have everything that's old.
    if they were in rars preseed would be so easy to do, higher ratios would be much easier to achieve, but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux and the speed on bmtv is too fast.
    so best way is to use ragular release build up a good ratio then use it for rare things since you cant always seed back.
    still a bit confused by the FAQ and rules about hit n run although never had prob b4
    have a look
    From FAQ
    A few words on Ratio etiquette
    There is a lot of talk about having a 1:1 ratio and how long you should seed. This should help:
    Try to seed each torrent to at least 0.5 (REGARDLESS of how long this takes)
    DON'T LEAVE A SWARM that has a low seed to leech ratio until either:
    The swarm has lots of seeds and you can do more good seeding elsewhere
    You have reached 1:1
    From Rules
    Downloading rules - By not following these rules you will lose download privileges!
    You must continue to seed any torrent you have downloaded until you either reach a 1.00 Download to Upload ratio or 48 hours, whichever comes first.

personally I had a couple of times that I could seed back to .6 and I only seeded for 12 hours but didnt receive any warnings.
    any thoughts ?
    just follow the rules. rules say min 1:1 or 48 hours. yeah, the faq contradicts the rules, but i think that's just a suggestion for ratio. as for why you haven't gotten warnings, who knows? there is a rule where you can leave the swarm if the seeder to leecher ratio is 6:1 if you are PU (i think)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    [quote=piratebot;3049331
    just follow the rules. rules say min 1:1 or 48 hours. yeah, the faq contradicts the rules, but i think that's just a suggestion for ratio. as for why you haven't gotten warnings, who knows? there is a rule where you can leave the swarm if the seeder to leecher ratio is 6:1 if you are PU (i think)[/quote]

I wasnt a pu when I did those but guess they were like 6:1 when I left the swarm(arent they all like that all the time , more than 6:1).
    now getting very close to be a vip with 3.0 ratio.shouldnt have downloaded those packs when I started in the first place.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Clearly this whole "invite whomever you want with no consequences" thing is a clever trap intended to lure out traders and would-be traders. Keep your invites! Don't invite anybody! Ever!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    if thats true sorta sucks caus back in the day a guy i invited turned out to be a cheat .....and now im forbiden to get invites to give this is the pennance i pay for being a nice guy or a sucker could be both...and of cource the guy i invited tells me a different story but since i never heard from since this tells me he was a cheat
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post

$ unrar e relasename.rar

And if you want to do a one command unrar of everything

$ find . -iname 'filename.of.rar.s01*.rar' -execdir unrar x {} /path/to/unrar/too/Directory.S01.DVDRip-Scenename/ \;
    This will find each rar file within each individual episode folder and unrar it to the main folder of your choosing.

and... its a space between the / and the \
    Last edited by Rilly; 12-01-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast