Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Create A Customized Recovery Cd?

I'm looking for a program that would create a customized Recovery CD(s) for my systems, just like the ones that come with branded PCs. All my systems were created from scratch by me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Norton Ghost
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it may be possible to create a cd with the os on, and drivers on, but not sure if u can make everything automatic, but i would imagine i would be easy to make a .bat file to format the drive, partition then start the windows setup.

or as clocker says, norton ghost, which i bleive only makes a backup, not a recovery cd thing. u you may have to make a clenan install then ghost it to cd, then just put the ghost image back on the hardrove to restore.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    go to bootxp.com and they have a program called image recovery or something that takes an image of your system 32 and restores it when you reinstall it, depending on what you have it could be from 2gig or more that can be burned to a file or dvd/cd burner

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Livy@9 September 2003 - 10:29

or as clocker says, norton ghost, which i bleive only makes a backup, not a recovery cd thing. u you may have to make a clenan install then ghost it to cd, then just put the ghost image back on the hardrove to restore.
    Livy,

I'm pretty sure that Ghost will make a recovery disk.

The system restore disks that came with my first computer were Ghost images.

There is a whole section of Ghost which details how to make bootable recovery disks- which I have done, but haven't had to try out yet, fortunately.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ok, i stand corrected then. i thought ghost only make an image copy of the disk,
    i may give that a go then

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Livy@9 September 2003 - 10:56
    ok, i stand corrected then. i thought ghost only make an image copy of the disk,
    i may give that a go then
    I've been considering giving my disks a test- I've already cloned my C: drive to another partition so I guess the worst that would happen is a install and overlay the clone.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thx guys, had to step out for while. read all ur posts. i've tested ghost i didn't see the recovery part in there. i'm gonna reinstall it and try it again. and will try those links. thx again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Drive Image do a fine job. you can back up to a partition/HD/CDR and it will restore an exact image as when you created.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    When I tried to backup my system with Norton Ghost, I asked for 12 blank CD's.

So I said forget it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast