Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What Invite Forums Are worth(WIFW)

  1. #1
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mysore
    Posts
    1,842
    Wew tracker Invite forums opening up on regular basis with each one trying to be more L337 than the other .. More and More experienced members trying to open one of their own with Attractive Style sheets etc ..
    Are the Invite Forums the New business in this BT Industry?

    [sarcasm]
    Certainly Since the Invite forums are following the path of trackers and restricting the entry through invitation only there should be thread on What Invite Forums are worth
    [/sarcasm]

    Fail!!!

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    waiting for invite forum for bt invite forums.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European Union
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,718
    well, i'm a member of a couple of those, invitation only, but fully abiding by the trackers' rules, which means: no trading , or not even movement if the tracker requests so.
    the fact is that in one of them you can find there lots and lots and lots of comm reps, and actually if i had a problem with some tracker, it would be there the place where i'd go to contact them.
    Many trackers recruit there directly, some of those very sought for.
    It's interesting for a tracker's staff to go there, as the members there were already filtered to join, which hypothetically reduces their odds of recruiting bad apples.
    It's just a trend, a community if you wanna call it, but where the bad apples are weeded as much as possible. One of them is harder to join than most "high level" trackers, though. Only 220 members, hand picked.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-01-2008 at 07:39 AM.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    791
    geez i must be outta the loop i'm not on any of those kinda sites...

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    geez i must be outta the loop i'm not on any of those kinda sites...
    If anything the posts are generally less intellectual than here, alot more sucking up goes on (and oh noes you can't bash other members!), and you lose the freedom to voice what you want without being constantly censored. You will also learn that respect is completely based on your 'rank' in the forums, and it's basically like the tracker game except you try and be as helpful as you can to get to 'VIP', 'Super User', 'anti-trader', or whatever the hell the label is. Some users are two faced, but you will blindly trust them because its a private forum and therefore everyone is trustable, right?!

    That's my general impression from the few I've been registered at over my days. And those stuff I listed probably vary in different degrees and don't necessarily plague every private invite forum, but then again I'm just making generalizations. Sure they can be great places to make friends and get invites, but then again so can the open reg forums.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-01-2008 at 08:10 AM.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European Union
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,718
    i think i was referring to different forums from those that you speak of.
    actually, at one of them, everyone is free (and i would almost dare to say, compelled) to bash at each other
    the staff is as down-to-earth as here, otherwise i wouldn't bother.
    i'm not talking about IC or similar shite.

    the other one if a tracker's staff shows up and asks for the invites aren't given at all, they immediately forbid it. they actively try to have there as many tracker's staff as possible.

    i think we're talking about different places.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    geez i must be outta the loop i'm not on any of those kinda sites...
    If anything the posts are generally less intellectual than here, alot more sucking up goes on (and oh noes you can't bash other members!), and you lose the freedom to voice what you want without being constantly censored. You will also learn that respect is completely based on your 'rank' in the forums, and it's basically like the tracker game except you try and be as helpful as you can to get to 'VIP', 'Super User', 'anti-trader', or whatever the hell the label is. Some users are two faced, but you will blindly trust them because its a private forum and therefore everyone is trustable, right?!

    That's my general impression from the few I've been registered at over my days. And those stuff I listed probably vary in different degrees, I'm just making generalizations. Sure they can also be great places to make friends and get invites, just like at the open reg ones..
    hmm.. i saw that you were a member at ATR when it was alive, if it leaved this kind of impression - i find it strange to say at least.
    i'll say couple of words about my subjective impressions of some private forums that i joined..
    yes, it's a bit difficult to bash other members at those forums because those who worth being bashed usually don't make their way there and those who make - they're dealt with very quickly.
    and if you have a different point of view, there is no problem to voice it without starting a flame.
    about sucking. the epicentre of it is without any doubt - fst thanks to its wtaw thread.
    blind trust is only for blinds, no one is forced to trust anyone, but usually with well known members, those who earned some reputation (i don't speak about those stupid fst rep points hehe) you can hardly expect any problems at trackers.
    about two-faced users.. one more time, in close communities where members are well known to each others within forum, on trackers, on other places, there is no place for different kind of scum, they just don't survive there on long term basis (and you can't take anything "valuable" or "high level" from such places without being well known) so such places are even not too much attractive for scammers...
    you're mod here so obviously you protect fst, but still - it's like a kindergarden generally, a place where you can take a first look at a potential member of a better place. thanks to fst, some time ago i made my way to my first private p2p forum.. IC (best wishes to MM)
    about make friends and earn invites - for most of invites the best place is what.cd and it's far more natural to make friends at private forums because the whole atmosphere there is just better. here in the best case it's more like brothers in arms really

    (2all - don't pm me for invites of course)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i think we're talking about different places.
    yeah, i got a similar impression, but TSOL was allowed to ATR so i can't say that he didn't had a chance to take a look at some good place..
    Last edited by kukushka; 12-01-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,393
    [quote=Cabalo;3050713
    i'm not talking about IC or similar shite.

    i think we're talking about different places.[/quote]
    you say that IC is shit? note, that many members of a forum you are talking about are members of IC.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,960
    Sure i had an account, but I never visited ATR and it hasn't really affected my conclusions.. Anyways, this thread is gonna start shit (which isn't the problem) but it's also gonna advertise private forums which is against the rules. We had a similar thread awhile back which only lead to shit, so unfortunately I don't think this can be kept open. Get your last words in quick before I lock this.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-01-2008 at 08:55 AM.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mysore
    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    geez i must be outta the loop i'm not on any of those kinda sites...
    If anything the posts are generally less intellectual than here, alot more sucking up goes on (and oh noes you can't bash other members!), and you lose the freedom to voice what you want without being constantly censored. You will also learn that respect is completely based on your 'rank' in the forums, and it's basically like the tracker game except you try and be as helpful as you can to get to 'VIP', 'Super User', 'anti-trader', or whatever the hell the label is. Some users are two faced, but you will blindly trust them because its a private forum and therefore everyone is trustable, right?!
    Actually i cudnt have put it in a better way myself .. You are spot on with your observations ..
    @Cabalo & kukushka please read the original post again .. I only directed attention towards the new invite forums that have opened up recently like sTn etc ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •