Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash Drive hunting

meelad's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    get a corsair voyager gt
    Last edited by meelad; 12-27-2008 at 08:40 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    maybe corsair voyager or sandisk contour....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chibislick View Post
    It seems crazy to me to buy a 60$ flash drive when you can buy a 80$ portable HDD with 160GB. Western Digital "My Passport" line is the size of an iPod. I bought mine at costco for 80$+tx and if you're in need of more GB, I suggest you give it a look.
    flash drive is still more pocket freindly... Its conceivable to keep it on you at all times, while one of those little external HD's is small, its not that small.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I wouldn't recommend the corsair voyager, its too big, so sometimes it won't fit into those indented USB ports. It also is made of a rubbery material, so if you drop it on a dirty floor or something, all the gunk sticks to it, also removing and putting back on the cap is a real pain because of how tight it sticks to it. Also, caps can be lost easily. I would recommend the SanDisk, even though it has annoying software embedded into it, you can get rid of it pretty easily. If your looknig for a flash drive to back up some important files, and you won't be carrying it around with you everywhere or something like that, the voyager would be alright because of how much less expensive it is than the SanDisk. Your choice my friend.

^ I love this :}

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    kaiser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have a Corsair Voyager 16GB, but never had any problems with "gunk" you mentioned And I think it's a plus that Voyagers cap sticks tight. I heard that guy forgot his Voyager in his clothes and washed them in a washing machine. Voyager still worked
    Anyway, I hope you'll choose what's best for you. But if you choose Voyager buy GT version. I have non-gt version and it feels a bit slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12