Thread: Gta Vice City Error

I just finished downloading vice city and i was installing it and a window pops up and says:

Component: GTA Vice City
    File Group: App Exectuables
    File: G:/data2.cab
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

How do i fix this?

2. Games   -   #2
    ok where did u download it from Kazaa Lite?
    If so it might currupted, sometimes downloading large files from Kazaa easily gets currupted . Try Bittorrent,Edonkey,Emule............
    Edonkey is slow but hardly anycurruptions
    Bittorrent fast but takes up all you bandwith

So best bet is to download it again

-Mike

3. Games   -   #3
    I wouldnt point it at corruption straight away, did you remember to disable the radio stations on the installation? Don't forget to crack it after, then load up the cd (you play the radio stations from cd2).

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    The BINs are corrupted. Your best bet would be to get it from BitTorrent, it's fast and the CD images won't get corrupted.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit@7 September 2003 - 15:33
    The BINs are corrupted. Your best bet would be to get it from BitTorrent, it's fast and the CD images won't get corrupted.
    Or you could just redownload the corrupted section of the image with KCF. Guaranteed to work.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

6. Games   -   #6
    If you have BINs , just use CDMage to repair it. (you must load the cue for the BIN on CDMage)

If you have ISOs use Ultra ISO to make them into BINs & Cues