Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delete .avi File?

Ok, I have had the same problem...I have found three solutions.

The first involved clicking on the file, and waiting for a bit until the little preview on the side panel loads and all the information about it on the status bar has loaded...they try deleting it.

Another thing that I have found that works is to select the file, and choose Edit --> Cut. Then, close the folder, and paste it into the recycle bin...then just simply empty the recycle bin.

The final solution is to find a file deletion utility. They are widely available for free on the net. Check on Download.com and you should be able to find one

I don't recommend deleting registry entries unless you know what you are doing...you could end up deleting something accidentally and screwing up your computer

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    This probably won't help cuz I'm sure you've checked it out, but k-lite wouldn't happen to still be running hidden in the taskbar. Sometimes that causes that to happen to me and not all of them just one or two usually at a time.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    iLW........ when i click on TOOLS .. FOLDER OPTIONS...then the VIEW tab
    there doe's appear to be a SIMPLE FILE SHARING box to un-check as you suggested?? You do mean on XP that i'm using yes?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    On mine (XP pro) if you scroll right down to the bottom, it says
    "use simple file sharing (recommended)"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@13 September 2003 - 20:27
    iLW........ when i click on TOOLS .. FOLDER OPTIONS...then the VIEW tab
    there doe's appear to be a SIMPLE FILE SHARING box to un-check as you suggested?? You do mean on XP that i'm using yes?
    ok go start>run>type msconfig>sevices>here at the bottom check the box that says hide all microsoft services then go to start up hit disable all, hit apply and hit ok and when prompted for restart hit ok and restart

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I'll try that muscleman
    But what am i doing that for??
    And what do i do after i've done that??

Thanks for help tho'! :beerchug:

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@13 September 2003 - 21:10
    I'll try that muscleman
    But what am i doing that for??
    And what do i do after i've done that??

Thanks for help tho'! :beerchug:
    well it starts your system with only microsoft programs needed to run the os and nothing else, after it restarts try to delete the file, and don't start no programs either just right after reboot go and delete the file, the msconfig window will come up again, this time chose close without restart

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Forum Star
    hey billy the fish did you try the nero thing ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    pol......which nero thing??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    WOW SORRY pol just read back and tried the NERO thing you was on about.......
    and it WORKED!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must of missed your post the other day !
    Maybe opening it in normal Explorer makes it thinks others are using it! but in NERO it doe'snt??

I'm soooo pleased!!!

and i would like to THANK everyone peronally who tried to help!!
    peoples like....ilw,muscleman,gbfan,sibre,balamm,darth sushi,nikita69,sixkk4s havok and BOT! CHEERS :beerchug:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast