Thread: Searching By Username...

Poster
    Was searching by username removed? I often used to follow posts by searching by username alone, but now only get this message after searching for 'Suicyco247',
    Board Message
    Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.
    I've read all the info and faqs several times unless it's been updated again, but I'm still left puzzled.
    I also tried by 'keyword', but it only returned limited results, nowhere near all of the topics I've replied to in 'the last 30 days'.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    You can click on members and search by user name. Then click on the person's name you are looking for and there is an option to find all posts by that member.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    That's no error - you can "Filter by Member Name (optional)" means that if you search for someword you can add the username and it will show up results with the word "someword" and only topics that contain that additional username.

If you want to search for all posts by a user just use the profile and click "find all posts of this user" and you will find all

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Poster
    Then click on the person's name you are looking for and there is an option to find all posts by that member.
    Thanx, guess this method will have to suffice, it's the way I've been doing it lately.

It just seemed that on the old board, you could search by username alone without additional keywords and it would list all of the threads from the beginning that had been posted in by a certain user, now I just get the above error when searching by username alone w/o a keyword(I'm fairly sure it could be done on the board before it crashed).

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Yes you are right the most forums have that feature - Since i am no "Invisionboard Pro" I can't tell you if this function is just disables or not supported at all but I know that it exists for example in PHPBB