Thread: SSH Tunnel?

iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok, recently I've find out, that I have pretty good connection at home so there would be no need for seedbox if I would know how to cheat my ISP. I get 10/8 mbit connection to rapidshare and at night it's around 18/12 mbit (About 2MB/s download and 1,5 MB/s upload), the problem is my ISP is capping torrent traffic (Don't know for sure, but how else would you explain this), because I only get about 200/200 KB/s on torrents. Tried using encryption in utorrent, but that didn't help, so I read that you can bypass this issue by using SSH Tunnel account. So my question is, did any of you had this problem and maybe know where could I buy SSH Tunnel account for torrent usage? It should cost way less then seedbox, at least in theory.
    Thanks for any help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    the new UTorrent 1.9 with UDP may help

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    you need to ssh acces from another localed computer like a homie's pc or server(which called seedbox nowdays)
    (find a friend who aren't using same isp with you)
    hXXp://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16126
    this is pretty good tutorial

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    So I could use something like "VDS Raptor 1" on hosting-ie, to create tunnel and download straight from my PC? Maybe someone knows even cheaper VPS for this task? I don't need more 20mbit/s speed, I think even 10mbit/s would suit my needs.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    So no one knows or tried to use it?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you have webhosting with any company most likely they'll give you some kind of option to create a shell account on your server, all you need is a user account on a machine running an ssh server.

If your on windows download putty and enter in the settings.

Under Connections -> SSH -> Tunnels you need to add a dynamic port under the source port 7070 (the port number isn't really that important, but the dynamic box has to be checked)

After you connect to your server, set uTorrent to use a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy, the hostname should be set to localhost and then port should be 7070

Note that putty must remain running in order to hold the connection

if your on a mac just open up the terminal and do
    ssh username@hostname -p portNumber -D 7070

This works for any program that allows you to run over a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

I'm interested to know whether or not this will increase your download/upload speed, let me know if it works

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    http://www.securenetics.com/
    http://www.encryptline.com/index.php?page=payment
    http://vpnfreedom.com/

above all are good in SSH tunnels form client to their servers.......
    i think this is very useful to u