Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLAC Tracker?

Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    I'm searched through some threads here and noticed most people recommend pedro's, what.cd, e***, and waffles and what.

The only problem with these sites is I can't get in, and I don't know anyone in the BT community.

I'm redoing my entire music collection in FLAC, and that includes all my CD's (mostly stuff from the 70's-90's), but also need a flac source for the newer stuff I enjoy.

I'm asking if anyone knows a good tracker that is possible for me to get into (free tracker)
    Last edited by llmercll; 12-05-2008 at 06:36 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    pedros -- you can donate to get into the site

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Just do the IRC interview for what.cd
    feels good, man

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    It looks like I can donate at pedros to receive access. I would def be willing to do that if needby, but would my access last forever or would it be a temp account? anyone know?

and reg, how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd? i go to the website and don't see any options =(
    Last edited by llmercll; 12-05-2008 at 06:34 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    it would be a permanent account at pedros.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by llmercll View Post
    how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd?
    You join their IRC channel and answer some questions regarding codecs and bitrates.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    all music trackers are very hard to seed,so if you are so keen on dling all the big flac on those trackers as soon as you get in, you will be shooting yourself in the foot despite of hit n run is tolerated on most music trackers. so my advice is to wait for free leech after you get in somewhere. stmusic is easy to get in even being a newbie, what and waffles invites are harder to get hold of, as for e****, you can forget about it for now.
    sorry dont have stmusic otherwise wont mind giving you one.
    good luck

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by llmercll View Post
    how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd? i go to the website and don't see any options =(
    Here is the way to follow:
    How to join What.CD
    1. Getting an invite:

Potential users should never ever look for invites from a third party, namely invite sites. ONLY get invites from members of what.cd or from passing the interview. While this may not stop what happened recently to fellow members, it may prevent you from experiencing the joy of getting in only to be banned almost immediately.

2. The interview:

To join What.CD you have to keep a good upload/download ratio or you will get banned pretty quickly. So only try to join What.CD if you are serious about keeping a good upload/download ratio and just not going to join just to download as much as possible and not upload anything.
    To join follow these steps:
    First you need to download an IRC client if you haven't already got one. I recommend mIRC an easy to use free IRC client, which is downloadable here www.mirc.com.
    When installed and ready to go. You need to join the What.CD IRC server which is irc.what-network.net Port 6667. Once you have connected you got to join the channel #what.cd-invites
    DO NOT GO TO ANOTHER CHANNEL AND ASK FOR AN INVITE, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CHANNEL OR IGNORED
    When in the channel read the instructions that are given. Type !queue into the channel and you will be added to the waiting list to be interviewed for an invite. Please be patient waiting in the queue can take up to 4 hours or even longer. This is where you got to be one of them people that really want an invite as you could get an invited to the interview at anytime so you really need to stay at your computer watching to screen.
    When you get invited to an interview room you will be asked a few question about yourself, how much you know about music e.g. do you know what a FLAC file is? And you might need to provide and image of your upload/download ratio of other private Bittorrent sites. So before you go to an interview room be sure to have a speedtest.net result ready.
    Don't be nervous when answering the questions.
    If they accept you and are willing to give you an invite they will ask for your email address and then they will send you an invite. So just go to you inbox and you will see an invite. From there on it is easy street as you just got to sign up and you're in.
    Please be aware that they might not give you an invite for many reasons. So don't be too disappointed if you don't get an invite. You can try again, but the interviewers might get tired of you if you show no signs of improvement.
    Good luck.
    And remember to keep up a good upload/download ratio

Some important links:
    http://sdbx.nl/whatintro.html
    http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding
    http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lame
    http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/jigga...ct-audio-copy/

1) Using a proxy/BNC/whatever to hide your IP is NOT allowed. If found you will be banned and not be given a second chance.
    2) Read the channel topic and post a www.speedtest.net result. Do NOT fake this one, you will be caught, banned and not given a second chance.
    3) Be polite and patient. People asking how long they have to wait repeatedly is not exactly encouraging, neither is ungrateful users. As there is a LOT of users flowing through the channel every day the tolerance is not exactly high.
    4) Study up! Don't come to the interview unprepared, you will NOT pass the interview, read the guides mentioned in this thread, it is not hard.
    5) Don't cheat! If we find out you're copy/pasting answers or similar you will get banned and not given a second chance.
    6) Try again. If you fail the interview yet have shown some proof of knowledge you may try again no sooner than 48 hours from the end of the interview, but for the love of god, DO study. Don't just try again without reading up on the question you failed, you will not be given more chances if you're unwilling to read/improve.
    7) If you DO pass the interview, make sure you read all the rules and especially the ratio requirements before you do anything at all. You're only allowed 1 account per user per lifetime, so take good care of it.
    Unfortunately some users just can't follow the rules, so we've had to ban several IP-Ranges because of abuse (traders, cheaters, sellers etc.). If your IP is banned there is no way in for you via the invite-channel.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 12-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ok thanks guys, im currently on line!

and yeah i understand how the ratio work, and how it can be hard to seed...maybe paying the 20 bucks at pedro would be a good idea, im pretty sure it says you can have unlimited leech for awhile

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It says: "For the period of your donation, your ratio virtually auto-completes to our ideal ratio (if lower) allowing you to avoid limits and getting banned for a low ratio."

But I don't have any idea what that means.

Also, if I were you I would save my 20 bucks and do the free test at What for an account. I think you'll find it to be a far superior site.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-05-2008 at 07:35 PM.

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast