Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S-video 2 Rca

BANNED
    k so i want to use my video card (mx 440) to watch movies in my tv... i only got the s-video cable...

i have heard about rca cables and stuff...like these ones are the ones you need to put in the tv... but i cant remember any of those... does anyone have a link to a pic of any of those S-video to RCA cables?

also...does the RCA cable transmit sound as well? or maybe does the s-video transmit sound in the first place?

thx...

DWk

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    ah looks cool but do you have one thats only s-video TO rca? i already have the s-video cable so i guess it would not be worth spending more money...the cable looks awesome tho...

so what does RCA connectors look like anyway? one cable? or two? how do i connect em to my TV? what config i do in my computer?

thx

DWk

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    oh and usually whats the quality if you're trying to watch a dvd rip (a usual dvd rip) in ur TV?

DWk

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by DWk@10 September 2003 - 02:05
    oh and usually whats the quality if you're trying to watch a dvd rip (a usual dvd rip) in ur TV?

DWk
    i generally find the picture quality is noticably better on tv than on pc
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    You can get both seperate.
    The red and white connectors are for the sound into your tv.
    The green one is the sound from your pc.
    The yellows are video.

Your tv may have the audio and video sockets. They will probably be on the back or in the front panel.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    well i still need to get the converter thingy... a "cheap" one....

what if the dvd rips are those widescreen ones (like...all of them)... what can i do if i dont have a widescreen tv?

DWk

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Perhaps this what you mean but I never used one so I can&#39;t vouch for it:

http://www.national-tech.com/specs/30s2-05400.htm

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    ya but what i mean is that...its only just one connector...while the other one has 3 different ones...

any ideas? and what config should i use in my pc?

DWk

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    the cable with three connectors is a combination audio/video cable. the yellow s-video connector converts to an RCA video plug at the other end. the green plug connects to the speaker jack on your PC, and it converts to the red & white stereo plugs at the other end.

if you want both the video and audio to play through the TV, that is the most convenient cable to use instead of buying separate audio & video cables, adapters, etc. that one covers it all.

the adapter that darth sushi posted a pic of... i don&#39;t think i would recommend. it has jacks on both sides, meaning that you need to use an s-video cable AND an RCA cable. it&#39;s not convenient. if you just want to buy an adapter, you should get one that has a plug on one side and a jack on the other.

as for "what config should i use in my pc?" i don&#39;t think anyone is really understanding the question. you need to be more specific. config relating to what? the nvidia display setup? movie player programs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast