Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gov... Crackdown

  1. #1

    ok, as everyone should know, the govenment has been cracking down on kazza users. i am a faithful klite user, and always has been. my main question is, can the gov trace/track klite users? are we safe from being sued? im really worried about this because 6 people in my town have already been fined a few thousand for this(the were normal kazaa users) thanks, derek

    oooooo yeah, does anyone know how the gov is finding the people they are finding? ex ip, email addy, address, etc.

    thanks!

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,597
    First off, That is the most annoying font/size I have ever seen anyone use here. Congratulations.

    Second, WTF does any government have to do with filing infringement lawsuits?

    Third, welcome to the internet

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Riochette,

    Although they would undoubtably enjoy the comparison, the RIAA is not the government.

    They are simply lawyers, doing what lawyers do best- fucking with people without law degrees.

    Don't worry too much.

    And lose the small typeface- I'm too old and too jaded to squint.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    The answer to the ? is simple-

    If it came to it, lets say you have several hundred d/l's and the fine was per d/l. If the fine is something that you can not shell out and if they were to garnish wadges or possible jail or community service, then there is one and only one thing to do.

    Ditch your hard drive, the old fashion way.

    I know some of you will say that is crazy, but if the Fed or whom ever is able to trace you via the intranet and they are willing to spend thousands of dollars to find you, they will take your hard drive and search for any evidence that could possably lead to a cover up. If you are caught trying to cover up a crime that is much worse and now your fine has double. > P.s that is part of what they are hoping for<
    so if you are looking at some punishiment, a new computer cost about &#036;650.00
    a lawyer and your time if you get caught &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;

    Peace out

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by zen69@10 September 2003 - 03:05
    The answer to the ? is simple-

    If it came to it, lets say you have several hundred d/l&#39;s and the fine was per d/l. If the fine is something that you can not shell out and if they were to garnish wadges or possible jail or community service, then there is one and only one thing to do.

    Ditch your hard drive, the old fashion way.

    I know some of you will say that is crazy, but if the Fed or whom ever is able to trace you via the intranet and they are willing to spend thousands of dollars to find you, they will take your hard drive and search for any evidence that could possably lead to a cover up. If you are caught trying to cover up a crime that is much worse and now your fine has double. > P.s that is part of what they are hoping for<
    so if you are looking at some punishiment, a new computer cost about &#036;650.00
    a lawyer and your time if you get caught &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;

    Peace out
    it&#39;s interesting how in 6 minutes ( http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=65706 ) u came up with a plan and became a pro on how to protect urself from the feds&#33;&#33; hmmm

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Originally posted by balamm@9 September 2003 - 21:42
    First off, That is the most annoying font/size I have ever seen anyone use here. Congratulations.

    Second, WTF does any government have to do with filing infringement lawsuits?

    Third, welcome to the internet
    LMAO&#33;&#33;
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by riochette@10 September 2003 - 03:35

    ok, as everyone should know, the govenment has been cracking down on kazza users. i am a faithful klite user, and always has been. my main question is, can the gov trace/track klite users? are we safe from being sued? im really worried about this because 6 people in my town have already been fined a few thousand for this(the were normal kazaa users) thanks, derek

    oooooo yeah, does anyone know how the gov is finding the people they are finding? ex ip, email addy, address, etc.

    thanks&#33;
    ======Be Vewy Vewy Quiet...======

    ===I&#39;m Hunting File Shawing Wabbits===

    EDIT: Wow that Font really does suck,
    Its like whispering, Vewy, Vewy, Quietly.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8

    first off, thanks zen for a real answer/suggestion to my question. and everyone else, i posted about people being brought down for dloading not on whos doing, etc. AND this font looks good on my screen. dont like it? jack ur font sizes up.


  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by riochette@10 September 2003 - 15:48

    first off, thanks zen for a real answer/suggestion to my question. and everyone else, i posted about people being brought down for dloading not on whos doing, etc. AND this font looks good on my screen. dont like it? jack ur font sizes up.

    just a bit selfish aren&#39;t we

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by riochette@10 September 2003 - 20:48

    first off, thanks zen for a real answer/suggestion to my question. and everyone else, i posted about people being brought down for dloading not on whos doing, etc. AND this font looks good on my screen. dont like it? jack ur font sizes up.

    So R U A File Shawing Wabbit??

    =======If so, then=======
    =======KABLOOM=======

    ****This Font Sucks Ass****

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •