Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone's Trying To Connect To My Computer

I might have a trojan of some sort, or maybe someone's trying to just connect to me though some other way. Reguardless, zoneAlarm is protecting me (it says BLOCKED), and it lists the IP that's trying to connect to me. Is there a way I can get more info about them? On the Temp Kazaa-lite board, there was a great Whois site that listed a ton of info, but I forgot the sites URL.

If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    get a program like visual route, you type in the IP and it traces it back to the ISP and country heres the site for ino on it Visual Route d/l it from Kazaa lite

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    www.network-tools.com

I suggest not wasting your time on this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well, i'm just a little curious where this is coming from. I've been getting warnings for hours now. I've run a virus scan, didn't find a trojan, so i'm not sure what's going on here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You're connected to the internet. Of course you'll get connection attempts. Get over it. And pay more attention to where you post!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Sounds messed up....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

I think they have the visual route that they use in NIS. You just have to look for it on that page.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You're connected to the internet. Of course you'll get connection attempts.
    No kidding I'll get connections... but these warning have just started happening today, and very frequently. I've had zoneAlarm for atleast 2 years now, never got this before. Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666... don't you find that a little odd???

And pay more attention to where you post!!!
    This topic was posted in Off-Topic... my topic has nothing to do with movies, music, software... it was just a general question that I felt belonged here (in offtopic), to avoid getting yelled at. I didn't ask for software, just some ideas on what could be going on.

I was just asking a question guys. If you wanted to tell me that it's nothing to be really concerned about, then just say something like "don't worry about it." something like
    I suggest not wasting your time on this.
    is a lot more helpful than
    Get over it.
    Thanks to those who offered helpful tips, and didn't try to flame me

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666... don't you find that a little odd???
    No.

Your topic has nothing to do with "off topic". It's a software configuration issue.
    As in connections through software, false positives reported by software, etc.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666.
    its probably just a few skidies trying to find infected machines if zonealarm block it then screw it your safe

http://www.blackcode.com/trojans/ports.php?port=666 there are a few of the trojans on that port.

I've had zoneAlarm for atleast 2 years now, never got this before
    then you probably did not have it setup properly if you have never had this before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast