Thread: Firefox won't load web pages.

It just started randomly, my web browser (FireFox) will not load pages. When i enter a link or click on a link, the web page will not load and the status at the bottom of the browser just says "Done" or the browser will show with an error saying "Connection Interrupted". I have to press Refresh or click the link about 10-20 times until it finally chooses to load. It is almost unbearable since web-pages take about 80% longer to load and the pages are incomplete without images and whatnot. I do not have a firewall but i am behind a router. The problem is, i don't know what i did. I did not change any setting, and it just happened overnight. I just reformatted my computer and i really don't want to do it again to fix this problem. any advice appreciated thanks.

PS: i have no add-ons on Firefox, I reinstalled removing profiles as well as trying new browsers but all come up with same errors. My torrent client is working fine also.
    Last edited by camelfilters; 12-08-2008 at 05:57 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just check if your hosts file is fine... by searching for the hosts in search.

Secondly just check if you have installed any firewall software recently that is blocking and also scan your computer with good Antivirus and also scan your computer with AntiSpyware softwares to see if you have any spyware..

Try to restore your Internet Explorer settings as well.. Tools > Internet Options

Go to Security tab.. Select the Internet and Click on the Default Level..

Repeat this for others there(Local Intranet, Trusted Sited and Restricted Sites).

Click on the Apply when you click on the default level each time.

Go To advanced tab in the IE options and Restore Defaults and apply and OK.

Once you done this... just check from the command prompt... if you can ping the Sites as well...

Start > Run > cmd
    ping www.yahoo.com

or the other site names

Secondly check if you have the DNS setup correctly as well..

Let me know the results...
    Last edited by sanjana; 12-21-2008 at 12:59 AM.
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    yes try ping and see the results if its request timed out then u need to fix the DNS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Do u have your torrent client running all the time while this is happening?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    Check if your net connection is phailing
    Demonoid all the way

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I know this sounds silly but might it be a cache-clearing-related error?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Just download half open limit fix 3.1 that sorted a problem i had that was similar 2 this.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by camelfilters View Post
    It just started randomly, my web browser (FireFox) will not load pages. When i enter a link or click on a link, the web page will not load and the status at the bottom of the browser just says "Done" or the browser will show with an error saying "Connection Interrupted". I have to press Refresh or click the link about 10-20 times until it finally chooses to load. It is almost unbearable since web-pages take about 80% longer to load and the pages are incomplete without images and whatnot. I do not have a firewall but i am behind a router. The problem is, i don't know what i did. I did not change any setting, and it just happened overnight. I just reformatted my computer and i really don't want to do it again to fix this problem. any advice appreciated thanks.

PS: i have no add-ons on Firefox, I reinstalled removing profiles as well as trying new browsers but all come up with same errors. My torrent client is working fine also.

I also notice Firefox tends to get ''connection interrupted'' screen while loading or opening some pages too. It happens on fresh install OS on my other com too.

I have been using Firefox 3 since its launch and this problem occurs recently.

Might be because of version 3.0.5 or ISP restricting connecting to various sites. It's a bit irritating to click the refresh button again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I had the exactly same problem...
    This program somehow helped me
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html