Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need a dvd burner that doesnt suck

kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    my other drive is a samsung and its been going strong for almost 3 years.

it will beat the shit out of anybody who steps to it...trust me, skizo was not the first
    Last edited by kooftspc11; 12-10-2008 at 10:54 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    FileZ's Avatar WingChun Player BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I like LG or Liteon , never failed me yet .
    well that makes one of us....

i just ordered an LG drive from newegg. from what i've read in the reviews it seems the drive is pretty slow but i really dont care about that.

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THAT IT DOESN'T SUCK
    I have LG 20x and it work great

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    10 years is nothing for a dvd burner, once cd's reached 52x speed and DVD rw's hit 8x speed, all thats left is DL and once it hits 6-8x speed thats probably it, so if you get one of these it will be good nearly for ever let alone 10 years. They will never break the 52x cd speed and the others will stay relatively where they are as well since the next generation data storage will eventually wipe the cd/dvd from the market anyway, they will always be a decent and cheap source of storage though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    10 years is nothing for a dvd burner, once cd's reached 52x speed and DVD rw's hit 8x speed, all thats left is DL and once it hits 6-8x speed thats probably it, so if you get one of these it will be good nearly for ever let alone 10 years. They will never break the 52x cd speed and the others will stay relatively where they are as well since the next generation data storage will eventually wipe the cd/dvd from the market anyway, they will always be a decent and cheap source of storage though.
    No one will be burning DVDs in 10 years; at least not judging by the current development trends. If things continue to progress the way they have, BluRay may be outdated by then.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Good point. I only burn DVD's for friends never for myself anymore.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Meh.

Optical drives are so yesterday.
    Flash media will be the future.

What a boon/revolution it will be for desktop PC design.

One of the fundamental requirements of a desktop case has been easy access to the optical drives.
    Assuming no other changes to current component design- think motherboard and power supply here- just switching to solid state hard drives and eliminating the optical drive reduces the needed case size by easily 30%, with no performance hit.

A small remote enclosure with a few USB and eSATA (or whatever the new standards will be) ports would be the only part of the PC you'd need to see/have accessible.

Sweet.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Meh.

Optical drives are so yesterday.
    Flash media will be the future.

What a boon/revolution it will be for desktop PC design.

One of the fundamental requirements of a desktop case has been easy access to the optical drives.
    Assuming no other changes to current component design- think motherboard and power supply here- just switching to solid state hard drives and eliminating the optical drive reduces the needed case size by easily 30%, with no performance hit.

A small remote enclosure with a few USB and eSATA (or whatever the new standards will be) ports would be the only part of the PC you'd need to see/have accessible.

Sweet.
    well that was pretty fucking useless in a help thread

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yes, it certainly was.

I'm going to go cut on myself now.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12