Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1gbps servers

I'm planning on getting a 1gbps server soon, so what could you recommend? I thought of going with hosting-ie myself, although many people complain on the really slow support, but I can manage the server properly so I don't think I'll need their support at any time.
    Do you know some other providers which offer unlimited bandwidth? I know it can't be truly unlimited, but lets say with a higher cap/limit.
    Last edited by TheManMKD; 12-09-2008 at 04:55 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i3d.net
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    i3d.net
    their servers got bandwidth limit,right?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManMKD View Post
    I'm planning on getting a 1gbps server soon, so what could you recommend? I thought of going with hosting-ie myself, although many people complain on the really slow support, but I can manage the server properly so I don't think I'll need their support at any time.
    Do you know some other providers which offer unlimited bandwidth? I know it can't be truly unlimited, but lets say with a higher cap/limit.
    ist not about if you need support or not.

When they did setp my server i was not able to connect to it with putty.
    It did take them many many days to just answer my ticket about the problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    i think it's same with most providers. I have server.lu and it actually take 2 or 3 days to answer my question. =(

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    i3d.net
    limited traffic.bleeeeee
    only OVH

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1 Gbps ???? you mean 1Gbit, right?
    also limited bandwith at such speed is ridiculous, you'll use whatever limit there is in a day or two

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ProUnbeatable View Post
    i think it's same with most providers. I have server.lu and it actually take 2 or 3 days to answer my question. =(

thats realy not true. Most providers answer support tickets within a hour or two.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    it was discussed many times

1. Hosting-ie with 1 Gbit is unlimited, probably the only one who is unlimited with that speed
    2. If you need speedy answer you need to purchase managed level some higher than level 1. (So if you do not pay you still have support but slover one)
    3. Request reboot tool they offer for free, then you don't need support in 95% of cases

thats realy not true. Most providers answer support tickets within a hour or two.
    If the Servers are managed, or the managed levels are included in the price.

SO do not ask some stuff for free, the service they do provide is on ready priceless with that prices, hardware/traffic/speed they do offer.
    And for me what is most important security of what I do the best

cheers
    Last edited by boxer; 12-10-2008 at 05:43 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i think Server.Lu is the other player to offer 1gbps unlimited rite now .. Though their capping policies are still not decided to confirm the same before buying them ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast