Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Death of P2P

xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    I am super content with the trackers I am on.

I can generally find any content that I want!
    Getting into a few other sites would be nice, like FSC. I enjoy being around other technologically apt individuals. If I would hang out with any users in REAL life, I would want to hang out with people who have interests off of the computer as well. Apparently FSC has some bomb chefs... a major plus. This leads to my point. Real Life =/= Torrenting.

Honestly, I am really starting to not want to be around a lot of users. They do nothing but torrent; that actually sucks. Torrenting is a means to supplement the quality of your real life, only catch is that so many users don't have one aside from this. I wish p2p could be about friends giving friends things that they want, and then socializing about non-torrenting items. Endless forums of "I've downloaded more than you" and "I have 82 seedboxes" are driving me crazy; are we really that obtuse?

This whole sense of sacrificing time from offline life in order to be successful online makes me feel like I'm wasting my time, almost guilty to be on the computer as much as I already am. Leveling, trolling, & "who has a bigger/faster seedbox" has killed true peer-to-peer. Can we seriously be friends again and cut the crap?

I have no idea where I was going with this, but I kind of miss the Napster days 9 years ago. I miss OiNK and super old BCG days when all my friends would upload as hard as possible to get each other invites so we could start trading music and find bands worth going to their shows together. As a user on FST, I'm here because we have something in common. Makes me sad that I only feel like we're here to rip each other off and be done. Can you seriously not remember that there is a person on the other side of all of these posts?

RIP
    Last edited by xnugx; 12-10-2008 at 08:34 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    Torrenting is a means to supplement the quality of your real life
    I just use file sharing to steal files.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, that was a little weird.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    Honestly, I am really starting to not want to be around a lot of users. They do nothing but torrent; that actually sucks. Torrenting is a means to supplement the quality of your real life, only catch is that so many users don't have one aside from this. I wish p2p could be about friends giving friends things that they want, and then socializing about non-torrenting items.
    It did start out like that .. Music sharing .. I would download some stuff and then exchange with others through LAN or Intranet ..
    Actually i would give up every site just to bring back those napster days .. Simple click and download files .. Simple enuff FTP site links for movies n all ..
    Stealing anything couldnt have been more easier than that ..
    This whole sense of sacrificing time from offline life in order to be successful online makes me feel like I'm wasting my time, almost guilty to be on the computer as much as I already am. Leveling, trolling, & "who has a bigger/faster seedbox" has killed true peer-to-peer. Can we seriously be friends again and cut the crap?
    People do that cuz they have time on their hands not because they wanna be sucessfull online .. thats just retarded

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I can generally find any content that I want!
    Getting into a few other sites would be nice, like FSC. I enjoy being around other technologically apt individuals. If I would hang out with any users in REAL life, I would want to hang out with people who have interests off of the computer as well. Apparently FSC has some bomb chefs... a major plus. This leads to my point. Real Life =/= Torrenting.
    Hmmm.......I really cannot see your connection here with the Topic, sounds more like a pitch for an Invite to F*C......???
    Furthermore, as I read on, most of the points are NOT connected to your Topic...just my 2 cents, maybe U just got a license to drink , since U are 21. and I am much older..........LMAO
    Last edited by Enlightened; 12-10-2008 at 09:21 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    It did start out like that .. Music sharing .. I would download some stuff and then exchange with others through LAN or Intranet ..
    Actually i would give up every site just to bring back those napster days .. Simple click and download files .. Simple

Then dump your trackers and use Soulseek. It's the same thing and was created by the same fellow.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ^ pretty much have done so .. The only tracker i use is TheGft and that too cuz its ratio free .. For music i pretty much use russian RS sites ..

I didnt knw soulseek was created by the same guy .. i thght that guy teamed up with some recording studios to create a legalised version of Napster .. Wasnt there a TV interview on this guy or something?

@skizo --> bty have u used soulseek on iphone? Is it any good?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I miss OiNK and super old BCG days when all my friends would upload as hard as possible to get each other invites.
    so the only reason you uploaded on trackers was to get invites to trade to get into other trackers?

that may not be how you meant that line, but thats how i read it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ^ What he meant was that they uploaded like hell so that they can earn invites to invite their other friends ..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    ^ pretty much have done so .. The only tracker i use is TheGft and that too cuz its ratio free .. For music i pretty much use russian RS sites ..

I didnt knw soulseek was created by the same guy .. i thght that guy teamed up with some recording studios to create a legalised version of Napster .. Wasnt there a TV interview on this guy or something?

@skizo --> bty have u used soulseek on iphone? Is it any good?
    Shawn Fanning is the guy who created Napster and went on to do some other projects including the legal pay site with the same name. Nir Arbel was one of Napsters primary programmers and started Soulseek after the close of Napster.

As for iSlsk, yes, I've used it. It's decent I guess, but it's pretty clunky as well. I never really use it unless I'm looking for a song on the go.

Thus, I'd recommend dTunes to download music on the iPhone.

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast