Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Been Capped on OVH?

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005 View Post
    I have a few members from here who lease from me.
    And i have just reniwed 1 of them today,he nos who he is.
    He is on a kimi and he has pushed 10tb this month so far with 3 days left.
    If you no how to use it you can push it easy.
    just ordered a cheapest kimi L(23 quid) from co.uk, will see how it will turn out since only used it with old policy before. hope it wont suck too much.
    p.s pls share some tips if you dont mind.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    That same Kimi package, under the new policy (Standard bandwith) I do an average 5TB a month and it's running smooth as silk, never been capped.
    ...Of course if you use it at 11MB all day your gonna get cut, just try to manage the top speed and your fine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by fodxx View Post
    That same Kimi package, under the new policy (Standard bandwith) I do an average 5TB a month and it's running smooth as silk, never been capped.
    ...Of course if you use it at 11MB all day your gonna get cut, just try to manage the top speed and your fine.
    5 TB would be totally acceptable for 23 quid, since I will be using it for some high level trackers so constant top speed would be so hard to achive.
    by 'managing the top speed', do you mean I should set the dl/up speed limit on ut ? if so ,what should it be, 8mb/s for up and dl ?
    Last edited by johhn; 12-21-2008 at 10:45 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    ...by 'managing the top speed', do you mean I should set the dl/up speed limit on ut ? if so ,what should it be, 8mb/s for up and dl ?
    Only on some very fast trackers you would get 11MB for long hours, so I guess you 'll be fine.
    From what I know, on standard bandwith, OVH only allows you 36 hours/month at top speed so, from this, you know what I mean.
    Anyways almost all traffic at top speed is beteween OVH servers and that one is free of any control so don't worry...Just follow this guidlines don't go extreme and you'll get great speeds when you need them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by fodxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    ...by 'managing the top speed', do you mean I should set the dl/up speed limit on ut ? if so ,what should it be, 8mb/s for up and dl ?
    Only on some very fast trackers you would get 11MB for long hours, so I guess you 'll be fine.
    From what I know, on standard bandwith, OVH only allows you 36 hours/month at top speed so, from this, you know what I mean.
    Anyways almost all traffic at top speed is beteween OVH servers and that one is free of any control so don't worry...Just follow this guidlines don't go extreme and you'll get great speeds when you need them.
    thanks for the tip, didnt know about the 36 hrs part.as far as I know bothe transit and peering are included in average traffic calculation so just to be safe I will put a speed limit in ut. but still not sure if they have a hidden traffic limit which can trigger some traffic management.
    cheers

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Hey guys, am I under noSLA? I don't come near the limit, but I assume that since I'm getting it from a reseller I am "sharing" the danger zone to be capped. Here's a pic of utorrent speed:

Up and down, up and down all day long. It rarely goes over 1MB/s and if it does it quickly comes right back down to 100kB/s. This is really irritating
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 12-30-2008 at 03:55 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    Hey guys, am I under noSLA? I don't come near the limit, but I assume that since I'm getting it from a reseller I am "sharing" the danger zone to be capped. Here's a pic of utorrent speed:

Up and down, up and down all day long. It rarely goes over 1MB/s and if it does it quickly comes right back down to 100kB/s. This is really irritating
    hmm i get the same speeds, if im lucky ill see something close to 2MB, but
    more than half the time im under 60KBS, pretty redicolous if you ask me

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    ^Well we are with the same reseller, and OVH says something like if a client with more than 1 server goes over 101mbit they will all be put in noSLA. That's my taking on it anyways.

Speeds used to be great, but last couple days it's been like that up there...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    RPS servers are totally off that rule. That's why they are special server.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I didn't think it was noSLA, but what else could explain it? This was happening even before OS reinstall.

Here's a 1 second interval:

Edit: According to a post yesterday on OVH forum RPS can be capped:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?...8&postcount=10
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 12-30-2008 at 05:14 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast