Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can v seed two same torrents for same computer

thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Me and my friend are sharing a seedbox. So, can v seed a same torrent from a same tracker using that seedbox? or is it considered like using multiple accounts and result in ban?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    u can seed from 3-4 places for 1 account. but i think that seed for 2 accts at one tracker isnt allowed and will result in a ban

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yeah.... seeding frm different places is not a problem..... but, I think I might want to check with the staffs of the tracker

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you won't have any problem as long as you explain it in your profile (infos).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    yeah.... checked with the staff..... seems like we are not allowed to do that

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillerboy View Post
    really ? what tracker is it ?
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    TL. they said.. it may cause stats not update properly..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I'd check again either through their irc or a different admin. You may have explained the situation wrong or the person has no idea what they're talking about.. I use a seedbox on four high-end private trackers and the staff has been fine with it. I find it hard to believe a tracker would forbid sharing a seedbox.

Edit: Talk to another admin. Sharing is allowed there.
    Last edited by vobilli; 12-12-2008 at 08:08 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Popov's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by vobilli View Post
    I'd check again either through their irc or a different admin. You may have explained the situation wrong or the person has no idea what they're talking about.. I use a seedbox on four high-end private trackers and the staff has been fine with it. I find it hard to believe a tracker would forbid sharing a seedbox.

Sharing is NOT allowed there. If you DL a torrent that you've downloaded before. They will give you a warning or ban you for sharing.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vobilli View Post

I din't said sharing is not allowed. I asked weather we both can seed a same torrent (some.film.codec.avi) with two different passkeys from a same seed box. they said no. But, seeding two different torrents doesn't seem to have prob with them

also, thanks for your efforts and for clearing with the staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast