Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transparency Apps

TClite's Avatar Poster
    looking for an app just to make one toolbar transparent, nothing else, has to be able to load with windows and remember its settings and be completely stable, ive tried some that start doing their own thing at random, cheers, also....glas2k is the best so far and its completely dire, it loads on start up, can handle the specific transparent bar and not go creating random transparency.....however it forgets on boot up whats supposed to be transparent untill you click on it (strange one- youd need to see for yourself) also it has an irritating splash screen

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Are you using an Invidia card.

If so isn't there a function to make things transparent directy inbuilt in the Desktop-Handler you can find under advanced settings, If you have the latest detonator it should be there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    thanks, good point i had forgotten about this feature, however i dont think its possible to make something specific transparent, just windows while dragging and the start menu...this is what i want...

http://mysite.freeserve.com/MSchumiFTP/again.JPG

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes you can, pick "individual settings" make it transparent, and make sure it's set to remember Last setting.

I think it works then.

Edit: It sorta works for me, although all windows follow the same settings I can config my start menu individually anyway.

Edit again: and the reason (almost) all windows I've tried so far have followed the same settings is that they all are explorer windows, I'll fiddle around some with this and see what I can do.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    i see the option, but is it possible to apply to a base bar like the one on the side of my ss? do you have an nvidia card to try it out lol, when i right click on the basebar nview extension menu is disabled, just doesnt appear at all...

edit: see if you look at my ss, try setup a menu like that on the side, and try making it transparent.....i dont really want the transparent windows idea, thanks for the effort snny

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It's tied to the explorer options, I think. hmm

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    yeah which is a bitch, thats possibly why most apps go crazy when trying to handle its transparency, like random windows and start menu routes started going transparent, when i had only set the window rule to basebar, however glass2k handles it completely fine...if only it could remember what its doing on startup and didnt have a bloody spalsh screen...ive tried taking it out, but most hacking proggies are shite, i was using reshack...not very good i know lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I've managed to get my start menu, but not my windows, transparent. I think basebars follow the start menu, so it might be posssible to have only BB and SM transparent.

Can't do more than that sorry, don't use a basebar myself or XP for that matter, what I did was I turned everything transparent and then shut it off where I didn't want it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    appreciated snny

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hey, at least I got a transparet StarMenu out of this, I didn't help you but it's something anyway.

If I find something better I'll be sure to tell you ^_^

*am at sort of a barbeque so I'm sort of running back and forth, so please excuse the delays between my posts*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast