Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature Sizes

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im guessing mines within the limit. also what about avatars? are u enforcing them too?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Forum Star
    Please check that the size of your avatar image and your signature images are under 100 KB ( Together ) !

Why ?

- speed
    - readability
    - we also have 56K/ ISDN Users
    Guess so.

Awful lot of questions for someone who doesn't have anything to worry about....barely, by the thinnest of margins.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    my sig is a little bit over in terms of vertical pixel size
    the reason i don't remove it is that the site on which the image is hosted (my own site from my last isp) is no longer under my control

i have to wait approximately 24 hours until my new site is up with my new isp and i don't know if they allow hotlinking
    if they do not, i shall remove the text
    if they do, i shall put up a smaller pic

p.s. i don't want to use an image host due to the uncertainty of down time and registering hastles

p.p.s. if you wish, i can remove my sig temporarily
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Forum Star
    Well, when I go through, I&#39;ll pretty much only concern myself with the image sizes, unless there is an excessive amount of text. Basically, the signature should look like a signature. If it looks like somebody has his notes for writing the great american novel in his signature as well as an image over the limit, I&#39;ll probably be inclined to remove it, though.
    @3rd gen noob
    You&#39;re fine.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Originally posted by El_Jefe@10 September 2003 - 23:18
    @3rd gen noob
    You&#39;re fine.
    ok, thanks
    i still feel al little hypocritical at the moment, however, i hope to rectify the problem soon

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    your sig is only a little over which doesnt matter that much, where as if it was 400 then thats dif, also if ur only over by 0.5k is alot dif than 50k, there has to be a little leway in the rules.

edit: also if its 100k, and not 100,000 bytes then i have 2.8k to play with .

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    tantric's Avatar ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    No offense livy, but why do think there has to be leeway in the rules? It&#39;s not as if the guidelines are so minimal that it&#39;s nearly impossible to comply. 100K is very generous, why should anyone feel a need to exceed it, even if by "only" a few bytes? An image can be a wee bit under just as easily as a wee bit over.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Originally posted by AfterBurn@11 September 2003 - 01:30
    An image can be a wee bit under just as easily as a wee bit over.
    if it&#39;s under, it&#39;s under

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    tantric's Avatar ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    And if it&#39;s over, it&#39;s over. Or is it not over till the fat lady sings?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Originally posted by AfterBurn@11 September 2003 - 01:50
    And if it&#39;s over, it&#39;s over. Or is it not over till the fat lady sings?
    absolutely

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast