Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about GFT?

Alright pres shit this site almost has the fastest pres

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Maybe for the guaranteed speeds and the level of security that bt just cannot offer?

Maybe you didn't read this:

http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-threate...ndexer-080528/
    Live long and prosper.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Maybe for the guaranteed speeds and the level of security that bt just cannot offer?

Maybe you didn't read this:

http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-threate...ndexer-080528/
    And?

And yes, I did read that. A while ago when it first came out. They're talking about Newzbin, an indexing site. Not Usenet itself.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 12-17-2008 at 07:17 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    keymaster2's Avatar Member
    @ purplehelmetW

It sounds like you where banned to me,stop being such a little brat about it, and let your frustrations out else where , long life THEGFT

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Maybe you have no idea how usenet works, but the actual files are downloaded from a news provider, not an indexing site like newzbin or this very site.

Paying $10-30 a month and having the ability to download anything released in the past several months at full speeds using ssl connections and never having to seed is almost too awesome.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    GFT is very good site indeed They could use more peers, but the content and speed arent bad at all

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Yes, pre-times are very good and I also like the fact that download isn't counted, but not ennuf activity to be my favourite.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Well the pretimes and free leech are obvious. I think those alone make the site a must have. I'll add a point that doesn't get a lot of attention: requests.

Now I don't want to get into a flamewar about which site is best about filling requests. But I will say that one of the benefits of having a small community is how requests are filled. You tend to form relationships quicker with a smaller community and people are usually more willing to help out those they know. That isn't to say you have to know people in order to make requests - you can request away as soon as you join. While there aren't too many users as of now who actively go out of their way to fill requests, the ones who do are religous about it. I'm impressed by just how many requests get filled. I just had a request filled for 6 volumes of a tv series in DVD9 format - and I get that ratio free. And I feel like the request-filling is infectious. When you're on a ratio-free site and see people go out of their way to help out users, it just makes you that much more willing to help out and participate. Well, then again, that may just be me and probably not this guy ...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHelmetW View Post
    GFT is a noob site. Ugly as hell, 0leechers and 1-4 seeders. That site will die very soon. Damn lame.
    Does it really make a difference if at least one of those seeds is a seedbox? And so what if a seed dies ... ever tried the requests forum (see above)? You do realize that the request forum usually doesn't show the filled requests as those are deleted fairly quickly. So don't have the mistaken belief that requests are never filled.

Additionally, the site has its own HD encoder for TV and movies that aren't readily available elswhere in HD. This is a fairly new feature, but I find it to be pretty exciting.

Final point I'll add: the staff. One of the friendliest I've ever encountered. Fellow GFT users know about the special "perks" we get for being on the IRC channel.

In short, within a very short period of time, GFT became my #1 tracker.
    Last edited by crimsoncrow; 12-17-2008 at 07:33 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yea.... I remember when talking in their IRC, when I joined that tracker, I bought a guitar that time, was talking about that in IRC and then some 4 of us started a channel for instrumentals, like newbie learn music and experts teach music.... I was there for just 3 or 4 days.... after I got busy, could come often, but, even after visiting 3 or 4 weeks later.... there were same users still running the channel, thats the enthu or their community.....

But, that channel is fail tho

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Sounds like you're a boring little chap.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast