Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streaming Video from Seedbox/Server

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Is there a way to stream the movies/tv serials stored on ur server onto ur home PC .. Something that would give it the functionality of youtube kind of thing?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    There is a software to do that, although i do not remember it's name but i'll try to find it

The problem is that only works for windows.

Here is a similar service. http://www.remotv.com/ It's not the one i'm talking about as this was unique and you could watch everything you had on your disk through firefox but it's also good.
    Last edited by viper151; 12-17-2008 at 11:31 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks man .. I will try the remotv once i reach home .. Though i have debian on my Server so is there any other possible solution to this problem ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    There is a software to do that, although i do not remember it's name but i'll try to find it

The problem is that only works for windows.

Here is a similar service. http://www.remotv.com/ It's not the one i'm talking about as this was unique and you could watch everything you had on your disk through firefox but it's also good.
    thanks viper.. Will try it when new beta slots come in.

cheers

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I use VLC player (www.videolan.org) to stream my content via HTTP.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You could check out a piece of software called SopCast and just host your own private channel.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I hope you have a hardy box if you're trying this stuff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    torrentflux has a built in vlc player option, but will definitely put a train on box. You would be better transferring files locally first.

If your trying to allow other people to watch than maybe look at a slingbox to broadcast from home onto the internet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    marsm
    I'm new to this forum, so not allowed to make new thread... I have a question:

Is there an app/script that will allow cappers to capture streaming video directly to an online server so that it can transferred quickly and seamlessly to a seedbox - at the moment, I'm having to cap to my local PC, then re-upload to a seedbox, which wastes and awful lot of time... It would be so much better to just cap directly to an online server where a seedbox is running

Any solutions for a Linux box?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by marsm View Post
    I'm new to this forum, so not allowed to make new thread... I have a question:

Is there an app/script that will allow cappers to capture streaming video directly to an online server so that it can transferred quickly and seamlessly to a seedbox - at the moment, I'm having to cap to my local PC, then re-upload to a seedbox, which wastes and awful lot of time... It would be so much better to just cap directly to an online server where a seedbox is running

Any solutions for a Linux box?
    The obvious answer: Install the capping software to your seedbox. If that's not possible, you could start transfering the content immediately to your seedbox while you cap (via rsync or something similar); that way you would at least save some time as you are both transferring and capping at the same time.
    Last edited by heiska; 09-16-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: some clarifications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast