Thread: A Test Of "unspoofable" Sig2dat Links

Fasttrack is still the most popular P2P network, with a userbase over 3 times larger than eDonkey2000 - this means more sources, and potentially faster downloads.

However, the Fastrack network has several disadvantages when compared to the eDonkey2000 network:
    - no support for partial file sharing
    - lack of corruption detection
    - file hash vulnerability (verified files can be "spoofed")

The good news is, I think I have found a workaround to all of these problems - by using tools already well established in the UseNet community!

Here is a 100% verified link to an MP3 file I have ripped:
    [dohtml]<a href="sig2dat:///|UUHash:=lGN+9IaV+aDIjDLH6GFROeX3//8=|
    UUHash:=c4n3T4IOuDGrCoX0dbBEXJdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=04s+VA4FGtcfhtbAliXo4JdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=qN6bjX09t7aZgeYAZRUM9pdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=VcG1l6Y+Axt4zft871ZgDZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=9oR1rmM7KM8HzN7CeD0dYJdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=hY7pcAdJ9FDSe7GttTRU4pdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=6HbIPI6yO59lUzGvgVRrbZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=YLt9KfewfYveiBmupkhuYZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=RBPVCAn5BesdZTQ8W8gkRZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=6lgxZA8gE9/Qokjri1OKn5dY+/8=|">Part1</a>

<a href="sig2dat:///|UUHash:=HMSUmsCd/KFaZU/GY4yNupdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=cjlgn8elnBxNt8se24xUHpdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=8GpUR8TwymL5UKpk8TbNj5dY+/8=|
    UUHash:=qAoXtHbHe7pcirIfucwI7JdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=C9ApJOtqHWG8P0caBJfDl5dY+/8=|
    UUHash:=dCTmzTS0/bgbmcFlQfb/AZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=bFXdnOznxUlAcnMA+kVVbZdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=oZjHQfbRrueIOTQx3WwJaJdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=v7ktnUmfb6kPd9jKFLXKkpdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=UCzhZlhRxkPNIYon+btltJdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=P976twKiDifWB7WnUoNep5dY+/8=|">Part2</a>

<a href="sig2dat:///|UUHash:=Q+TyG4JwU0AGjHeLUBObnJdY+/8=|
    UUHash:=lOH9IvORxCmVDfEn9b3Igww6/P8=|
    UUHash:=oME34GwE5Kn1KipGCXSvv31Q+/8=|
    UUHash:=THvzH14VF28PD36R0QkvIX1Q+/8=|
    UUHash:=pcGs/vw5rMEqwXhlKZ+aaX1Q+/8=|">Part3</a>[/dohtml]

(I am assuming you have sig2dat installed, and have exited Kazaa)
    You will need to click all three links - 3 times as much work as normal but no big deal&#33; (Unfortunately a movie would end up being over 200 links - I am still thinking about how best to solve that problem).

Now if you start Kazaa, instead of one big download you will have lots of little downloads. This is because any file larger than 300kB is vulnerable to "spoofing" - so I have split the file up into smaller chunks.

The smallest file in the list is a ".PAR" file. If you install SmartPAR, downloaded from here or here, you can double-click this file and it will check the integrity of the parts you have downloaded. If it finds a corrupted part, it can use the data stored in the Pnn (P01, P02, etc.) files to repair the corruption. I have included 3 par files, so the system can withstand up to 3 corrupted RAR files.

You will need to install WinRAR in order to put the file back together, right click one of the RAR files and select "Extract to..." - but leave the RAR files in your shared folder so others can get them&#33; The actual MP3 is unimportant (because you probably won&#39;t like my taste in music) this is just a test to see if this method of file sharing will work on the FastTrack network. There&#39;s currently only 2 sources, so be patient&#33;

Some people have said "too much hassle". So, I am asking for feedback - is it worth the extra hassle to get a file that is 100% verified and invulnerable to RIAA spoofing?

2. Music   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Actually, I use SmartPar when I&#39;m browsing usenet. A lot of newsgroup servers have poor retention, and smartpar will help construct those missing volumes. Is it too much work for Klite? Probably. Alot of Klite users like it because its simple to use. Personally, if people want complete rips with excellent quality, newsgroups and IRC is the answer. However most people here will never get past the "learning curve" needed for these programs.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Music   -   #3
    Whoever moved this - please note that [dohtml] doesn&#39;t work on this part of the board. I already tried&#33;

Therefore the sig2dat links are no longer clickable.

4. Music   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Yes Miles, they only work in the verified areas. Though, I&#39;m curious to see what others think of your idea. Doubt you&#39;ll have alot of converts, but you never know.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Music   -   #5
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    well the idea is gr8, but it needs 2 b more user friendly......... like making the link for the movies 200-in-1 and having k-lite/s2d auto xtract it upon dl.........

but i really see potential for this (though i prolly dont understand half of hashes )
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it