Thread: Disappointed

Im not a big internet fan but i used to think kazaa network and napster type software were cool. I dont know if im the only one but for me the whole p2p filesharing experience pretty much sucks. Heres my reasons:

I get cut off.
    theres too much bogus files around
    people dont give out their bandwidth
    people dont share

So i ask you whats the use?
    Im going back for renting and buying my videos and cd´s cause this is a waste of my time. Well this is free to use but time is money.

What do you think?

For the devs if there are any. Heres an idea. Make kazaa lite force every user to share 1/3 of their bandwidth for uploaders. This is the only way to keep the community alive and kicking.

Death to selfish leechers
    cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    I Set Mine To Unlimited

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    personally, i think with the latest riaa attacks, people are sharing less so that may contribute to the problem. anyways, you can always try other filesharing programs. personally, i love soulseek for music. i haven't found one fake yet, and you can download full albums quickly. irc has many albums, movies, and games, although there usually is a long line. you can try direct connect also. remember, kazaa is not the only file sharing prog out there.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by userdefined@10 September 2003 - 15:26
    Im not a big internet fan but i used to think kazaa network and napster type software were cool. I dont know if im the only one but for me the whole p2p filesharing experience pretty much sucks. Heres my reasons:

I get cut off.
    theres too much bogus files around
    people dont give out their bandwidth
    people dont share

So i ask you whats the use?
    Im going back for renting and buying my videos and cd´s cause this is a waste of my time. Well this is free to use but time is money.

What do you think?

For the devs if there are any. Heres an idea. Make kazaa lite force every user to share 1/3 of their bandwidth for uploaders. This is the only way to keep the community alive and kicking.

Death to selfish leechers
    cheers
    ok bye.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    oh and also. people dont have 1/3 upload as dl.. most ppl have 128k. its notl ike you can take 1/3 of a 1.5mb connection.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I know what you mean. But im just sying that locking the upload setting to something that is usable would help alot. And i understand that you probably think that why should you give youre bandwidth that you pay for (or youre daddy) to other people you have to go to yourself and think a little more. Ask the man who made the software i dont think that he gets any money out of this.Do you think he complains? Why is that. Think about that before you leech. Nothing personal.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy+10 September 2003 - 15:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy &#064; 10 September 2003 - 15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I Set Mine To Unlimited[/b]
    You could upload faster AND download faster if you lowered the limit to match what your connection can sustain.
    Originally posted by mogadishu@10 September 2003 - 15:42
    oh and also. people dont have 1/3 upload as dl.. most ppl have 128k. its notl ike you can take 1/3 of a 1.5mb connection.
    <!--QuoteBegin-userdefined
    @10 September 2003 - 15:58
    I know what you mean. But im just sying that locking the upload setting to something that is usable would help alot. And i understand that you probably think that why should you give youre bandwidth that you pay for (or youre daddy) to other people you have to go to yourself and think a little more.[/quote]The only setting that&#39;s reasonably likely to work for everyone is forced sharing at 3 KB/sec (the slowest speed setting for uploads under the advanced tab.)

There was a Kazaa Lite version that didn&#39;t have the disable sharing option.
    Public outcry removed it.
    Random Nut also said that because the OTHER versions weren&#39;t limited in that manner, the leeches would just use something else which does more harm to the network than KL++.

I personally want a KL++ version that has better upload and download bandwidth controls.
    As-is, I have special registry mod files that change max allowable upload bandwidth on-the-fly -- but I&#39;m one of the few that do.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    mogadishu
    Posted on 10 September 2003 - 16:41
    ok bye.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Maybe im just mad cuz i cant get my movies to finish. I started to download a movie that was in two parts both 700mb. A week has passed and the first cd had 500mb of corrupted data that couldnt be fixed and the second cd is still downloading. I give up. Death to kazaa(no im not working for the riia).