Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with preto.me

Urgent

Hi. Please someone assist to contact preto.me admin, because my IP is banned and I can not join IRC. No answers by mail...
    My account there was disabled because the person who invited me there was catch up cheating and therefore banned. Mine account gone too and when I`ve been trying to explain on IRC I`m not the cheater but my inviter I was kicked and IP BANNED permanently by some pissed off admin. Please, help me to contact with mod/admin there so they can check logs and remove this ban. Than finding an invite and starting over... Thanks in advance for your help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Most sites will ban the entire invite tree due to one cheater, i am not sure what preto.me policy is but it looks like you can kiss that account goodbye, why don't you yell at your friend for cheating instead of the staff who have heard it all before.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sure all invite tree is gone...There is nothing to complain about it. I`m aware my account is gone and I have no intention to yell on nobody. Just want my IP unbanned, so I can try to gain access back with possibly new account...
    Anybody want to (being a nice person) help?
    Last edited by boshev; 05-25-2011 at 03:46 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by boshev View Post
    Just want my IP unbanned, so I can try to gain access back with possibly new account...
    I don't think they're going to be cool with that, either. And if they banned you because your invite cheated, then kicked and glined you from IRC when you tried to sort things out, what does that tell you about them?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Forget about that site, just delete it from your bookmark and you are done.
    Try any other site & you can get same content(s).
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yep, that`s the one side of the coin. On the other is this strange feeling something is wrong and you have done nothing to be this way... This is the first and only case I`ve been through since 5 or more years of torrenting and I don`t feel is right to close it this way. It might be not the best site, but was nice enough for me so why they want to lose a user and left him with such memories from the tracker? This is just not fair play for me, sorry!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    It's not just important to be careful about who you invite to a tracker, but who invites you. This is a perfect example for it.

Tracker staff are usually not forgiving when it comes to such matters. Don't think you have much of a chance to recover your account or get your IP unbanned. Maybe some preto.me staff here reads this and reconsiders. Good luck.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If its that important to you, change your IP and get another invite. Otherwise, move on.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Agree with anon. If they do not give you, a regular user who has done nothing wrong, the chance to at least talk with them , explain your case then they are not worth your time. Just stick to a tracker with staff that really care about their users. It's not like preto.me has something you can't find anywhere else.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks to all for your opinions and empathy, really appreciated. Most of you suggest just to forget and delete the bookmarks. If no preto.me stuff takes participation this will be the end anyway. I`ll be glad if more tracker stuff after reading this reconsider the decisions to exclude users for these reasons. For me it looks like you welcome someone to your neighborhood or city, he/she goes wrong on something and than whole neighborhood/city is responsible for it, just because of being nice to say: hallo & welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast