Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release List - Discussion

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 September 2003 - 11:54
    Look up New Release people.Some of this stuff People think is new is not.If it is from 1970 it not new....1993 it not new.

I see the idea behind this.....but it still needs work.

A webpage would still be better then a list.
    its still music.. who cares.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Music   -   #102
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Do not get me wrong guys.Jibbler brings new shit to us and I have thanked him many times.

But I do have to Question it to make it better.MusicWorld is my home.

3. Music   -   #103
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 September 2003 - 12:21
    Do not get me wrong guys.Jibbler brings new shit to us and I have thanked him many times.

no, i understand, the title is a tad bit misleading.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Music   -   #104
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 September 2003 - 13:21

Hmm, I&#39;ll answer this the best way I know how...

FC, if Musicworld was your home, you shouldn&#39;t desert us&#33; I saw you trying to recruit new users on that "other" Klite forum. Alot happened during your 1 month hiatus from the board. The "new release list" has been updated daily since July 2nd and has been available to anyone who hangs out in our SoulSeek room.

The list is mainly there to let people know when big stuff drops, like A Perfect Circle, which people have been requesting for two god damn months. It also includes older material that has been re-ripped for accuracy and other reasons. Personally, I only download and listen to "scene rips" because they have a high level of quality and they include the NFO and SFV files.

The NFO files are helpful because they give you info about the rip, where it came from, track names, approx times, etc. The SFV files are there so that you can verify that the files have been downloaded properly. Incomplete or corrupted mp3s are the cause of 90% of the sound problems reported by people on this board. Do not burn corrupted mp3s. You won&#39;t know they are corrupted, that&#39;s why you have to use the SFV files. Do you think people put those files there for no reason?

Now, back to the list. EOS rips their stuff in VBR, which some people swear is the best mp3 format. IRO, they are an internal release group, that specializes in older music/rips which you may not have been able to find a high quality copy of in the past. I post these rips as I add them, so that people might see something they like, and know that they are getting a top quality copy, not a 192k rip made in someones basement with some shitty Microsoft program.

The truth be known, most people don&#39;t know how to rip properly and many don&#39;t use quality software, even though Lame/EAC are free. Maybe I&#39;ll put together a tutorial for that sometime, but we&#39;ll leave that for another day.

Keep in mind, I&#39;m not a mp3/rip supplier, it just seems like that, because I get a lot of the new stuff before some others. I do the list as a courtesy to those people who like finding new music, exploring new bands, and keeping in touch with the mp3 ripping scene. I&#39;ll continue with the list in its current format, as I believe its helpful for those interested. I have no plans on using webspace to host a daily list. This is due to cost and other reasons. Hope that clears up some grey area.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Music   -   #105
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    That about covers all the questions.

Great explanation, Jibbler.

And, I am looking forward to you future Tutorial - what is the expected release date?

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
    © Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

6. Music   -   #106
    Originally posted by Jibbler+13 September 2003 - 13:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler &#064; 13 September 2003 - 13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 September 2003 - 13:21

Hmm, I&#39;ll answer this the best way I know how...

FC, if Musicworld was your home, you shouldn&#39;t desert us&#33; I saw you trying to recruit new users on that "other" Klite forum. Alot happened during your 1 month hiatus from the board. The "new release list" has been updated daily since July 2nd and has been available to anyone who hangs out in our SoulSeek room. [/b][/quote]
    July 2nd?Hmmmmmmm it says September 10th.Yeah I was recruiting new users to come here.Don&#39;t ever Question my Loyalty to this forum Jibbler and especially to this section we call MusicWorld.

Saying I deserted you.Yeah right Jibbler.....you did not start coming over to SoulSeek untell the past month or so.

7. Music   -   #107
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I never exactly knew what these NFO and SFV files were for... Never really looked into them

On the Iron Maiden "dance Of Death" rip it even contains the whole Iron Maiden biography [when opened in notepad]

Thanks Jib for the enlightenment

8. Music   -   #108
    You ask the guy a Question and he just starts shit.He gave me an answer but did not have to start shit by saying what he said.

You ask Questions to discuss things to make them better.....but looks like we are not going to get there Jibbler.

*Last Post in this thread.....you all do what you think is best.I was just trying to come up with a better way or a easier way.....don&#39;t want my help and that is fine.I will except that. *

FC B)

9. Music   -   #109
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@13 September 2003 - 20:16
    The truth be known, most people don&#39;t know how to rip properly and many don&#39;t use quality software, even though Lame/EAC are free. Maybe I&#39;ll put together a tutorial for that sometime, but we&#39;ll leave that for another day.
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=22763

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

10. Music   -   #110
    Summerlinda, use this to view .nfo files automatically, once installed it will automatically let u view them without notepod, and they look better too.

DAMN NFO VIEWER

and use this to check .sfv files automatically.

QuickSFV

There may be better programs, but that&#39;s the two i use anyways.