Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.4.2

Retired
    K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:

* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
    * All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
    * It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
    * The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
    * For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
    * Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
    * It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
    * It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
    * It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
    * The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
    * It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
    * This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
    * The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.

Changelog 4.3.4 -> 4.4.2 | (2008-12-19)

* Updated Media Player Classic to version 6.4.9.1 rev. 91
    * Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.929.0
    * The Homecinema version of MPC is now used by default
    * Updated ffdshow to revision 2527
    * Updated Matroska splitter (Gabest) to version 1.0.3.1
    * Updated MP4 splitter (Gabest) to version 1.0.0.5
    * Updated Ogg splitter (Gabest) to version 1.0.0.2
    * Updated MPEG splitter (Gabest) to version 1.2.925.0
    * Updated Xvid to version 1.2.1
    * Updated x264VFW to revision 1042
    * Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.8
    * Updated GraphStudio to version 0.3.1.0
    * Some compatibility improvements
    * Detection of broken codecs/filters now also analyzes 64-bit items

Homepage: http://codecguide.com/

Download Link: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...k/1080441198/1

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Oh my.

Thanks.

Spoiler: Show

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Red pirate's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    thanks alot
    Is that final or beta??

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Thanks

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    i always use K-lite

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    I don't really understand what are there codec packs for. If I want to play a movie, I just use Media Player Classic Homecinema, and I need nothing else
    Last edited by pato; 12-28-2008 at 09:34 AM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post
    I don't really understand what are there codec packs for. If I want to play a movie, I just use Media Player Classic Homecinema, and I need nothing else

You can't play for example XviD / DivX videos without the codec installed, if you can play those files with MPC you have the codecs installed.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 12-28-2008 at 03:49 PM.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    bootylicious's Avatar You've been punk'd
    This pack was very useful when I had Windows XP but ever since I upgraded to Vista and use VLC media player, I have had no use for it anymore. VLC plays virtually everything.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E} View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post

You can't play for example XviD / DivX videos without the codec installed, if you can play those files with MPC you have the codecs installed.
    You can play XviD/DivX without codec installed when you use MPC Homecinema. The needed codecs are installed within the player. If you have Windows Vista (and possibly Win XP) you can even use graphic card to decode x264 movies.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I always use k-lite, its the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast