Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Chances...

can i be your friend?
    i'll give you money

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@11 September 2003 - 01:45
    can i be your friend?
    i&#39;ll give you money

Give the money to his friends, they&#39;re all being sued.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by AznRocky@10 September 2003 - 20:41
    which they are my friend
    U R from the RIAA, so the RIAA is your only friend. I don&#39;t believe u & stfu.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    The chances are slim but ur screwed if its u well one positive thing you can get from being picked is u get your 15 minutes of fame lol

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    yeah he&#39;s riaa with 500 post and nearly 5 months of membership right? if you are using k++ with the privacy patch and ip&#39;s blocked slim to nil. if you are using plain kazaa you are holding your greased up bung hole open and tell the riaa to go to town on you&#33; these are the people who are most likely getting fucked. remember we k++ users are the minority, this is serving the purpose of scaring off noobs and novices who haven&#39;t learned of bad ip range blocking etc. since sharman doesn&#39;t acre about it&#39;s users kazaa should go under or just become what it is for most now. a place to get fast dvd rips of movies.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    and all i wanted was a answer not your opinion
    First of all: if you post such a pile of crap, people will give you their opinion, whether you asked for it or not. If you don&#39;t like it, then you can just go and F&#33;#% yourself.

Second:
    I read the lame article on the website you posted and I really think that that&#39;s a load of crap too. Do you really think that the Riaa targets people that have only 1000 mp3&#39;s on their harddrive, that&#39;s just about 4 or 5 Gb worth of music. There are a hell of a lot more people that are sharing a hell of a lot more than 1000 songs. Why don&#39;t these people get sued?

Third:
    Do you really think that the Riaa can sue thousands of people. How would they go about that? Sue us each separately. Than they should start building a hell of a lot more courtrooms in the US, because that will take a hell of a lot of space and time to sue each individual user separately. On the otherhand they can sue people together, but then they would have to make it a public manifestation. Because what will happen if everyone decides to go to court? There will be a courtroom with a judge, some more people that work for the court, about, let&#39;s say, 10 lawyers from the Riaa and other anti-p2p-organisations and then there would be hundreds of accused people, each with their own lawyers at the same time in court. That would be a great show&#33;

So, it&#39;s not very likely that they are going to sue thousands of users....

And last of all:
    I find it very unlikely, that the Riaa will go through all the trouble of finding users that are sharing musicfiles illegally and then settle the dispute outside of the courtroom for merely &#036;3000. It cost them a hell of a lot more to track down all these people and sue them.

So, excuse me if I don&#39;t believe all this shit. No offence, buddy.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by D&#33;mensio_x@11 September 2003 - 22:27
    and all i wanted was a answer not your opinion
    First of all: if you post such a pile of crap, people will give you their opinion, whether you asked for it or not. If you don&#39;t like it, then you can just go and F&#33;#% yourself.

Second:
    I read the lame article on the website you posted and I really think that that&#39;s a load of crap too. Do you really think that the Riaa targets people that have only 1000 mp3&#39;s on their harddrive, that&#39;s just about 4 or 5 Gb worth of music. There are a hell of a lot more people that are sharing a hell of a lot more than 1000 songs. Why don&#39;t these people get sued?

Third:
    Do you really think that the Riaa can sue thousands of people. How would they go about that? Sue us each separately. Than they should start building a hell of a lot more courtrooms in the US, because that will take a hell of a lot of space and time to sue each individual user separately. On the otherhand they can sue people together, but then they would have to make it a public manifestation. Because what will happen if everyone decides to go to court? There will be a courtroom with a judge, some more people that work for the court, about, let&#39;s say, 10 lawyers from the Riaa and other anti-p2p-organisations and then there would be hundreds of accused people, each with their own lawyers at the same time in court. That would be a great show&#33;

So, it&#39;s not very likely that they are going to sue thousands of users....

And last of all:
    I find it very unlikely, that the Riaa will go through all the trouble of finding users that are sharing musicfiles illegally and then settle the dispute outside of the courtroom for merely &#036;3000. It cost them a hell of a lot more to track down all these people and sue them.

So, excuse me if I don&#39;t believe all this shit. No offence, buddy.
    I didn&#39;t read the article, but you&#39;re wrong on a lot of counts.

1. Well, ok.

2. 1000 mp3s? Heh, the RIAA will (and has) sued over a lot less than that. 38 MBs of music has been the smallest I&#39;ve heard of so far.

3. Er, yea, they&#39;re already into the hundreds, if not thousands, of lawsuits filed. Maybe you meant millions...?

4. &#036;3000 is probably about average. Even the worst offenders are probably getting off with &#036;15-20,000 or less. In fact, they want people to settle out of court rather than fight it.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by AznRocky@10 September 2003 - 22:49
    whats the chances of getting sued for downloading music,software,games,music ETC? my friend just got sued...... and i&#39;m pretty much scared to death&#33;
    Your friend was probably a dumbass, using regular Kazaa and openly sharing the RIAA&#39;s favorite titles to search for. In fact, in every story I&#39;ve heard of the people being sued, the people being sued are dumbasses. So just be smart and you&#39;ll be safe.

Edit: I have now read the article, and can confirm that your friend was, in fact, a dumbass.

Friends don&#39;t let friends be dumbasses.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    The chances of getting sued are almost nothing. With over 100 million file sharers and 8% of those having more then 1,000 downloads, there relly is very little chance.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    If the ISP&#39;s turn in their customers it&#39;s them that will ultimately lose big bucks&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast