Thread: Microsoft Outlook

I want to set Delegate Access in my Microsoft Outlook. I tired in google by searching it, in few sites they showed to go in Tools, Options, but there is no Delegate Access in my Microsoft Outlook in Tools, Options. One of my friend told me that if you use the Exchange Server then you get that Delegate Access option in your Outlook. I don't have Exchange Server Configured, is there any other method where i can set Delegate Access in my outlook, so i can share my mails, calendars, tasks, etc.. to my group peoples.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    dunno about outlook but windows live mail is much better than it.. (and its successor)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I'm not sure that you can unless you use Exchange. Are you just using pop/imap email to your pc, and a pst file for storing your calendar?
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Delegate access?

Do you mean calendar sharing and mailbox rights? I'm possitive that you need Exchange for this dude. Or at least some third party software. If you have a domain, you can set mailbox rights in Active Directory Users and Computers. By right clicking the user and clicking properties and then I believe it's under the exchange tab. For sharing a clendar you right click on the calendar when logged on as the user. Select share calendar and then select the users to share with and permission level.

If you just have just a local copy of Outlook and want to share your mail and calendar you need some software like Sync2 for Outlook.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks, we don't have exchange server, we have a domain in server 2003 standard edition, if you tell me the correct name of the software it will be very useful? so i could try and purchase it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    We used Sync2 before in a Workgroup environment

http://www.sync2.com/

We used it to share 1 outlook calendar for scheduling. It can also share the inbox, sent items, deleted items etc. I don't know if that's what you are looking for.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thank u very much saulin i wanted to share my inbox, calendar, etc.. when i am out of office on my behalf one of my team mate must reply to emails. i will try this software. Thank you
    Last edited by staticzip; 05-03-2009 at 04:24 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ya it works good
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!