Thread: Pop Up Stopper

Okay I surf the net and i get those anoying pop ups on my screen. Id like to find out how to enable (if available) or install a pop up blocker for this os. Im using

Mozilla 1.2.1

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225

Thanks in advance.

PS forgot to mention that im a n00bie on linux but id like an install that'll be easy and user friendly B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Not sure with mozzilla but firebird has a plug in to stop pop ups. Look for the mozzilla extensions

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    google for linux

can be a life saver if your after linux info.

I would get firebird an use that for browsing instead of konqurer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    update to the latest mozilla and turn the pop-up stopper on. I use it under XP and it works great.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Linux is not like windows . You cant just go and find a pop-up stopper program for linux. It has to do more with the browser your using. Mozilla, galeon, konqueror, and most other browsers that you can use in linux will alow you to block pop ups. For the most part just disable javascript in a lot of em. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The pop-up stopper that comes with mozzilla works great and is part of mozilla not a add on program. Not sure who compared linux to windows in here but you can go find a pop-up stopper that is stand alone. i have test about 3 out and then just used mozilla because it only blocks unrequested pop-ups

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Biggzach@16 September 2003 - 12:37
    The pop-up stopper that comes with mozzilla works great and is part of mozilla not a add on program. Not sure who compared linux to windows in here but you can go find a pop-up stopper that is stand alone. i have test about 3 out and then just used mozilla because it only blocks unrequested pop-ups
    If you found a "standalone" popup stopper for linux would you please post the source?

I highly doubt that. Ive been using linux for years and have not came acroos such an app. It really wouldnt make any sense to have a standalone pop up stopper for linux anyway, it would be a waste of memory. All browsers compatible with linux have pop up stopper capablities.

Dont forget to post the source for those standalone apps.
    I might want to try one myself.............if they exist.