Thread: Transfering Files Onto Another Hard Drive

I just transfered my downloaded files onto another hard drive attached
    to my computer in order not to crowd up my main hard drive and to be able
    to have others upload more movies from me now that I have the space.
    Although I'm having a problem. I can't view the files from my "shared Folder"
    (Icon on top) and if I move them into the "automated file share folder" it shows back up on my main hard drive again. I know it's a little confusing.... I can't seem to phrase it right...but how do I view my files from my 2nd hard drive's
    Kazza Lite web's "shared folder" icon?

I can't phrase it any better maybe someone out there can figure out what the
    hell I'm talking about!!

Ann

P.s My files show under "My Kazaa Lite K++" but not under "My Shared Folder"...
    I think it's time for one of the administrator's gurus to help me out with this one.
    2nd Hard drive can't have an OS, it's just extra storage space. So far no one
    has uploaded from me yet so I assume they can't see or find my files... and
    before I did this I had quite a few uploaders... now there are nada.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo@11 September 2003 - 01:54
    I just transfered my downloaded files onto another hard drive attached
    to my computer in order not to crowd up my main hard drive and to be able
    to have others upload more movies from me now that I have the space.
    Although I'm having a problem. I can't view the files from my "shared Folder"
    (Icon on top) and if I move them into the "automated file share folder" it shows back up on my main hard drive again. I know it's a little confusing.... I can't seem to phrase it right...but how do I view my files from my 2nd hard drive's
    Kazza Lite web's "shared folder" icon?

I can't phrase it any better maybe someone out there can figure out what the
    hell I'm talking about!!

Ann

P.s My files show under "My Kazaa Lite K++" but not under "My Shared Folder"...
    I think it's time for one of the administrator's gurus to help me out with this one.
    2nd Hard drive can't have an OS, it's just extra storage space. So far no one
    has uploaded from me yet so I assume they can't see or find my files... and
    before I did this I had quite a few uploaders... now there are nada.
    Wait a minute... I GOT ONE UPLOADER... at least someone found them...
    but I still can't see them in "My Shared Folder" Moderator Moderator I neeeed your hellp!! THANK YOU!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Have you changed the destination for your shared folder in kazaa lite options to the one on your second hd?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yeah... but still can't seem to find them when I click on the "My Shared Folder" icon here. They ARE in my shared folder on my 2nd hard drive, I just can't see them from THIS site. Well, I have one uploading "Joy ride" from me now, but only one. I went into "options", and clicked on the folder where they are, etc. Maybe should I just leave it like that?

Ann

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I even reinstalled Kazza using the 2nd hard drive... but I don't know, it might have gotten messed up since the 2nd hard drive can't have a OS on it. That's why the
    files appeared on my main hard drive at first I think... and when I moved them
    back into my 2nd hard drive.. that's when I couldn't see them by clicking on
    "My Shared Folder" icon, but they ARE in there. Wierd huh.

Ann

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well, I gotta put my kid to bed... I'll check back tomorrow... I'll reinstall Kazaa again and see what happens.... Sorry to those who were uploading from me
    before... They are still in my shared folder, I just can't see them from here!!
    Hopefully better luck tomorrow.
    'nite
    Ann

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    how drunk were you when you psoted this in the about our website and the forum?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I posted in the wrong place? Oops.. !! Sorry about that, and wouldn't you know for some reason my files magically reappeared again after I lifted the lampshade off my head a bit and
    saw through the pink elephants.. ... just foolin'. I'm not drunk... I'm might be going CRAZY, but definitely not drunk... maybe the magical guru genie paid me a little visit after all because my movie files are back, somehow.

Ann

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Scoob,

Do I have this right?

You moved your Shared Folder from (presumably)C:/My Shared Folder to your new HD say, D:/My Shared Folder.

You have gone into options and changed the filepath so K-Lite knows where to look for the Shared Folder now.

Did you change the destination for the shortcut icon also?
    Is it still looking for the folder in it's old place?

If not, simply right click on the icon> select properties>shortcut> change the info in "target".

Maybe?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yeah, I did do that and it didn't work the first time, but after I put my kid to bed,
    I shut down and then rebooted... MAGICALLY they came back when I clicked on the "My Shared Folder" icon, HERE... Funny!
    Don't ask me how... all I know now is how the old saying goes, if you discover something is no longer broke... don't try to fix it... I think I'm done for the night!!!

P.S. and no I'm NOT drunk although I think I AM going to have a glass of wine now!!