Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Crabgirl, looky here!

  1. #1
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    You seem to be the resident wine expert, so I here's what I've found in the back of the pantry:

    Messina Hof - Ports Of Call dessert wine from 1998

    I completely forgot I had it. Is it still good? Should I let it sit for longer? Is it just right?
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-23-2008 at 07:51 PM.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Texan Wine - Texan Wine ffs. Wine, from Texas.

    It beggars belief.

    Rule of thumb Sky zoo, only good wine ages well. Pish doesn't get better with age. Was it good stuff or pish when you bought it.

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Rule of thumb Sky zoo, only good wine ages well. Pish doesn't get better with age. Was it good stuff or pish when you bought it.
    I learned that from crabgirl.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27,099
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Pish doesn't get better with age.
    ewe can still make me lol once in a while tho'.

    As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    You should probably keep sitting on it. Keep it warm, like.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27,099
    I'm going to use that line, cheers snee.

    As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    You seem to be the resident wine expert, so I here's what I've found in the back of the pantry:

    Messina Hof - Ports Of Call dessert wine from 1998

    I completely forgot I had it. Is it still good? Should I let it sit for longer? Is it just right?
    1998!!!? I'd throw it away if i was ewe, that shits out of date

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Pish doesn't get better with age.
    ewe can still make me lol once in a while tho'.
    :earl:

    Jock Cockey.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Oh wait ...

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Texan Wine - Texan Wine ffs. Wine, from Texas.

    It beggars belief.

    Rule of thumb Sky zoo, only good wine ages well. Pish doesn't get better with age. Was it good stuff or pish when you bought it.
    There's plenty of decent wine that comes out of the hill country.

    I don't know what this cost at the time of purchase but I would have never paid a great deal for it. It was prolly $20-30 bucks though. I don't know enough about wine to appreciate anything that costs more than that.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •