Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, then...the pc, I guess

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Just an update-

It's been up and running since immediately post-last-picture, then new sata cables, a fan controller, Vista Ultimate 64 in RAID 0, blah, blah, blah, I took pictures (it's still kind of a mess inside), but the fucking things are defying my efforts to spin them right-side up in PhotoBucket.

Aaaaaaaargh!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Use imageshack man. It's waay easier and they have a really neat toolbar

You can easily take screenshots or upload multiples from your HDD. I find it better
    Last edited by Detale; 01-12-2009 at 11:25 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Okay - as is obvious, some sort of housekeeping (the time-consuming type) is in order...I am toying with the idea of treating the sata cables to a bath in boiling water in an attempt to make them more pliable during installation - smoother bends, dontcha know.

The power cables will need some sort of surgery; some transplanting/grafting is in order.

A view towards the front end - again, she's pretty full, and temp-probe leads from the controller are a bit of a dilemma; maybe I can find a variety of them somewhere to lend to neater routing.

Big hands and failing eyesight are another problem...

A general view of the floor...I may just cover it somehow.

A close-up of the new sata cabling... little bastards are stiff.

I think a hot dip may be just what the doctor ordered.

Never thought I'd abide a picture window, especially when it opens on such a bird's nest.

I'm a sucker for this stuff; it elicits such emotion I can't hold the camera still.

I think any more pic-worthy mods will be a bit slow in coming, as I will have to learn the proper surgical techniques, so.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ah, Glasshopper.
    The learning curve is steep and you are a stout person, plogless will be srow.

I could whip that baby into submission in about 4 hours.
    Nah nah nah nah nah!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Looking good J. You don't have to do it all at once you know. Do a little at a time and it'll be done before you know it man

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Ah, Glasshopper.
    The learning curve is steep and you are a stout person, plogless will be srow.

I could whip that baby into submission in about 4 hours.
    Nah nah nah nah nah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Looking good J. You don't have to do it all at once you know. Do a little at a time and it'll be done before you know it man
    I feel I should be conflicted over this, but thankfully my lazy streak is taking over.

Actually, I'm farting around with airflow through the front of the case - I was blocking this, opening that, and decided to momentarily remove the front cover altogether...and got a 6c drop in ambient case temp.

Much to do, I think.

-Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I was blocking this, opening that, and decided to momentarily remove the front cover altogether...and got a 6c drop in ambient case temp.
    A 6° drop measured from where?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    About an inch-and-a-half from the top of the case, about two inches from the PSU.

Must be (I'm not looking at it just now) about three inches or so above the CPU cooling fan.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123