Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: On 56k 1kb Upload Is Not Leeching

  1. #1
    I dont see why people see this is leeching on 56k, most p2p clients including kl seem to require 56k to donate half there bandwidth being 3KB to uploads but this makes downloading files useless especialy on clients like emule, now if you were doing it on broadband then yes it would be leeching but on 56k no.

    The 3kb setting forces me to use a program llike netlimiter to limit my uploads on p2p programs to 1kB so i can at least download movies and similar sized files

    People on broadband arnt forced to use half there bandwith for uploading(techinaly they cant) so why should 56k's be forced to use half of our mesley bandwidth.

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the poopdeck
    Posts
    1,937
    kazaa's lowest setting is 24Kbs and with one open slot it doesn't slow my downloads, as far as emule goes, since it has a 3-1 ratio, setting your uploads to 1KBs will slow your downloads to 3KBs (i limit mine to 2KBs on emule and can download fine)

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    But i dont set my uploads low i use netlimiter instead.

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,053
    I agree 3k/b is asking to much..u very rarely get the full 7k/b to start with,more like 4.7-5k/b.I used to set mine to 2 k/b for kazaa..just run regedit

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER...software>kazaa>transfer

    Then right click uploadbandwith and change the data value..1k/b = 8,so change it to 16 for 2k/b

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by CosmoK@11 September 2003 - 09:15
    I agree 3k/b is asking to much..u very rarely get the full 7k/b to start with,more like 4.7-5k/b.I used to set mine to 2 k/b for kazaa..just run regedit

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER...software>kazaa>transfer

    Then right click uploadbandwith and change the data value..1k/b = 8,so change it to 16 for 2k/b
    Hey, thats what I was just thinking. I remember Swietek mentioned this awhile back to allow bb users to find setting inbetween the standard ones.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by REALITY+11 September 2003 - 08:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 11 September 2003 - 08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CosmoK@11 September 2003 - 09:15
    I agree 3k/b is asking to much..u very rarely get the full 7k/b to start with,more like 4.7-5k/b.I used to set mine to 2 k/b for kazaa..just run regedit

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER...software>kazaa>transfer

    Then right click uploadbandwith and change the data value..1k/b = 8,so change it to 16 for 2k/b
    Hey, thats what I was just thinking. I remember Swietek mentioned this awhile back to allow bb users to find setting inbetween the standard ones. [/b][/quote]
    Just use netlimiter from here allows you set how much bandwidth to give each program upload and download seperatly.

    So just set the controls in your p2p to unlimited, then set what ever speed you want in Netlimiter.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montevideo,Uruguay
    Posts
    989
    I use a 64k broadband and I limit uploads bandwrith to the minimun, but to compenstate I check Extra bandwrith when computer is idle

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by CoolMac@10 October 2003 - 20:17
    I use a 64k broadband and I limit uploads bandwrith to the minimun, but to compenstate I check Extra bandwrith when computer is idle
    That&#39;s a horrible feature -- it&#39;ll mean you can get 20+ uploads at once at <0.1 KB/sec each and wreck your download speeds while doing it.
    Doubt that makes anyone very happy, especially you.

    You could set uploads to only 1 or 2 and upload bandwidth max to 32 kilobits/sec (4 KB/sec) and then still have PLENTY bandwidth to download very near your max download speed.

    Upload bandwidth is NOT neccessarily shared with download bandwidth.
    HOWEVER if upload is overloaded, downloads suffer immensely. There has to be SOME upload bandwidth left over for your connection to keep sending "SEND MORE" for downloads.

    A 56k (v.90) modem has a hardware max speed of 53 kilobits/sec download and 33.6 kilobits/sec upload. HOWEVER, poor line conditions may mean you only connect at 40 kilobits/sec DOWN, which leaves perhaps only 20-25 kilobits/sec UP. That&#39;s why for some, setting the minimum upload bandwidth limit in KL++ to 24 kilobits/sec WORKS because they are connecting near max 56k speeds with probably 30+ kilobits/sec upload available, but for others it&#39;s just too much.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    uk
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,097
    Originally posted by junkyardking@11 September 2003 - 07:56
    I dont see why people see this is leeching on 56k, most p2p clients including kl seem to require 56k to donate half there bandwidth being 3KB to uploads but this makes downloading files useless especialy on clients like emule, now if you were doing it on broadband then yes it would be leeching but on 56k no.

    The 3kb setting forces me to use a program llike netlimiter to limit my uploads on p2p programs to 1kB so i can at least download movies and similar sized files

    People on broadband arnt forced to use half there bandwith for uploading(techinaly they cant) so why should 56k&#39;s be forced to use half of our mesley bandwidth.
    thats not yr ip is it?

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    It displays your ip to yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •