Thread: Help setting up 1gbit ovh seedbox

Poster BT Rep: +2
    As the topic says i acquired a new seedbox i would appreciate some help on what settings would work to get better speeds because at the moment i cannot get any kind of good upload speeds on any tracker.
    At the moment i use utorrent but if you have any ideas about other clients or settings please help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    How active are the torrents you are jumping on and what trackers? If it's Scc or Sct then the speeds quickly dry up here, also if its a very active tracker like TL but the torrent is a day old, then the upload speeds won't be amazing either.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    even with a new torrent from tl i don't get impressive speeds mpore than 10mb/s, actually i hardly get 6
    Last edited by dimutri; 12-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What are the stats of the box? To be perfectly honest ovh isn't great if you are looking for the maximum speeds 24/7. Before their new bandwidth policies i had a SP mini. The speeds were perfect and i had no gripes (Apart from some ftp speed problems).

However on their kimsufi range, speed and crappy hardware was always an issue. Now that they've got new limits, new policies etc it's only got worse. For the prices you are paying i would recommend getting a SP minior bestof, the premium bandwidth policy on these takes it far beyond any of the kimsufi range.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TS.org
    You wont get "1gbit" speeds unless your in a swarm of OVH boxes

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    edit... delete post.
    Last edited by deerfern; 01-01-2009 at 09:42 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    i know guys who are using ovh 1 gbit and they get like max 50 mb/s....so i guess you have a issue on the seedbox...dunno