Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Anyone Familiar With Sun Java?

  1. #1
    Everytime I go onto Pogo.com games I get an error like this "WAOL caused on invalid page fault in JVM.dll" and my aol crashes. The only thing running this is Sun Java. Anyone know what the problem could be, besides the fact I already know aol sucks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,530
    im guessing that the content on pogo.com has serious errors in it.

    i have never had the java virtual machine crash on me. you could also try using the windows version and see if that makes a difference.

    you can change it with the new set programs access and defualts option that a recent update added.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by 4play@11 September 2003 - 08:15
    im guessing that the content on pogo.com has serious errors in it.

    i have never had the java virtual machine crash on me. you could also try using the windows version and see if that makes a difference.

    you can change it with the new set programs access and defualts option that a recent update added.
    sorry, but I'm still not sure how to change Sun Java to the windows one. Can you be more specific? Like what I have to download, click on, etc.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lowik's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    123
    u have to download Microsoft java virtual machine -there is alot of places whereu can download it from
    but before installing the microsoft one you have to uninstall the old one
    -=By [DRN]Piroman=-

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    u have to download Microsoft java virtual machine -there is alot of places whereu can download it from
    but before installing the microsoft one you have to uninstall the old one

    lowik is a 100% right on this, I had 2 get my Virtual Machine of Kazaa, never looked back tho

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by lowik@11 September 2003 - 12:14
    u have to download Microsoft java virtual machine -there is alot of places whereu can download it from
    but before installing the microsoft one you have to uninstall the old one
    ok, thanks.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Age
    46
    Posts
    709
    If we are talking about running java applets here for internet games, would Java Runtime Enviroment v1.4.2 handle that or do you absolutely need one of these virtual machine programs?

    Not that it matters much anyway as XP users are prompted to download it (Microsoft's VM version) through windows update.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Izagaia@11 September 2003 - 23:48
    If we are talking about running java applets here for internet games, would Java Runtime Enviroment v1.4.2 handle that or do you absolutely need one of these virtual machine programs?

    Not that it matters much anyway as XP users are prompted to download it (Microsoft's VM version) through windows update.
    Java Runtime is what I am running and that is error I am getting. As for needing it, yes, Pogo.com says you need the Sun Java one, but I could be wrong and it might run on Microsoft VM as well. And I have 98 and was also prmpted to download Microsoft VM. But I am re-downloading it just in case.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Age
    46
    Posts
    709
    Sun Systems has more than one program version for java. They have the Java Virtual Machine which is nothing more than a plug-in similar to Microsoft's and then a full-blown application (Runtime Enviroment) used to run software such as Limewire or Morpheus.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Izagaia@12 September 2003 - 00:03
    Sun Systems has more than one program version for java. They have the Java Virtual Machine which is nothing more than a plug-in similar to Microsoft's and then a full-blown application (Runtime Enviroment) used to run software such as Limewire or Morpheus.
    so are you saying I need the Virtual machine to play the games? :blink :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •