Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Familiar With Sun Java?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by angelique@11 September 2003 - 01:10
    Everytime I go onto Pogo.com games I get an error like this "WAOL caused on invalid page fault in JVM.dll" and my aol crashes. The only thing running this is Sun Java. Anyone know what the problem could be, besides the fact I already know aol sucks
    Angelique,

Are you using the AOL browser?

Stop that!

Use IE instead, go here and run through the Browser Tune tests ( you'll have to hunt around for it, but it IS there) and your problem should be fine.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker+13 September 2003 - 01:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 September 2003 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angelique@11 September 2003 - 01:10
    Everytime I go onto Pogo.com games I get an error like this "WAOL caused on invalid page fault in JVM.dll" and my aol crashes. The only thing running this is Sun Java. Anyone know what the problem could be, besides the fact I already know aol sucks
    Angelique,

Are you using the AOL browser?

Stop that&#33;

Use IE instead, go here and run through the Browser Tune tests ( you&#39;ll have to hunt around for it, but it IS there) and your problem should be fine. [/b][/quote]
    ahh, but I want aol *cries* lol j/k. I was getting Microsoft Java errors too. I&#39;m thinking I might have a bug or something

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

Maybe this is what you need. Try it. You can always switch back to Microsoft&#39;s VM if you do not care for it or if it does not solve your problem.

You can switch the java application you prefer using in the control panel on:

add or remove programs> set program defaults

-or-

right-clicking the internet explorer icon and selecting:

internet properties> advanced
    scroll down to java virtual machine and check or uncheck your preference.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Izagaia@13 September 2003 - 21:02
    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

Maybe this is what you need. Try it. You can always switch back to Microsoft&#39;s VM if you do not care for it or if it does not solve your problem.

You can switch the java application you prefer using in the control panel on:

add or remove programs> set program defaults

-or-

right-clicking the internet explorer icon and selecting:

internet properties> advanced
    scroll down to java virtual machine and check or uncheck your preference.
    thanks I will try what you said. Appreciate the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12