Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: former traders

KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i forgive them

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    i have traded before , when i first joined here .. well , it was just a normal thing .. everybody was doing it .. .. so it was not such a big deal .. never really thought about the "other" side of the coin

then again , there was this curiosity thing ..i always thought "high" level trackers had something unique to offer ...and trading was just an easy means to get to that imaginery awesome content ...

then lost interest , just like everything else in life .. sticked to a few trackers i really liked .. and thats it ... its not as complex as some of you think it is ..

maybe it was like growing up in the btworld .or i was just being too lazy to do trading and shit . yes, its something like that ..
    i feel exactly the same ^^^

i used to think if i can get some invite for free on the internet,i can certainly get that by trade....but then there are some exceptions
    and i probably dont need them, that doesnt necessarily mean i dont want them.....

there was an episode in family guy(tv series)
    where peter is asked to choose between a boat./yacth and a mystery box
    and he chooses the mystery box....
    thats exactly how it feels when i trade, except here i am giving my boat for a mystery box, i dont need.

*forgive my punctuations, spelling, grammer etc etc....i am a weak person

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Trading is like farting in public...it's not really normal in today's standards, but hey no one can arrest you for it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Trading is like farting in public...it's not really normal in today's standards, but hey no one can arrest you for it.

what a stupid comparison.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    That's what I implied...it's stupid

(well for anti-traders i guess)
    Last edited by KushBlow; 12-30-2008 at 10:35 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post

Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading has many negatives. It is (some) traders that also scam, and others sell invites or use ratio cheat mods to gain invites to trade quickly. It is like saying there is good trading and bad trading........? If there was no trading then there would be no scams and invite selling would be greatly reduced.
    If you just want to be a torrent site user and grab teh filez then being a trader doesn't have a downside (unless of course you are caught) some trackers just ban the members some share the relevant info with other site staff and suddenly multiple a/cs disappear under a global ban.
    If you want, after the initial buzz of having a tracker collection is over, to move on up and be 'trusted' or become a staff member on a site then a trading history counts against you greatly in communities that take this seriously.
    Finally there is a glass ceiling to trading, where some sites only allow new users if approved by staff, and they tend to look back into the prospective invitee's past. I know a few who have been very active rather than occasional traders in the past, and now they realise that this past is what is hurting their present.
    Last edited by Artemis; 12-30-2008 at 11:01 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I have nothing against former traders. If they did this long ago, and haven't traded in quite a while(say six months or more), and has made it quite clear this wouldn't happen again...then who gives a fuck. They obviously made a mistake early on, and have learned from it. I would have no problem bringing a person like this in my invite tree(as long as I liked the person and thought he/she would be a good member).

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading.....

If you think trading harms people you must be one delusional dude or too brainwashed or stupid to see wtf is really going on.
    Who does it harm? the trackers who are making money or the donation status?
    Cmon get a fukin life ffs
    ahhhh another rational and well thought out argument......... Do you seriously think that hurling insults in anyway strengthens your position when you post ?
    Trackers do not make money in fact behind the scenes many pack up their bat & ball and go home because they cannot cover the hardware costs, staff give their time for free and the coders sure don't get paid for the code modifications they do ( I will give an honorable mention to the p2p.net script sellers though, they are trying to make a buck coding).
    The essence of my post was that trading is the thin end of the wedge, some of the same people who traders are also the scammers, the cheats and the invite sellers and it is these things which do harm the bit torrent community.
    The second part of my post was to do with trust, and this was the point I was trying to make in regards to the thread itself, regarding former traders, and that is that a former trader does have a question mark over them, especially if that person later on wants to staff at a tracker or to join some of the communities where only staff have invites and will investigate any potential new user before allowing them to join.
    Your own rather sad 'dream tracker' thread for wheel mods is one of those cases albo, they really are quite happy with the userbase they have and aren't going to respond to any it is my dream threads in any great hurry.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Artemis how can you know what is going on at all times in the minds of every staff member at wheelmods. You have no clue so why even post those statements?

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Der0 View Post
    There is no such thing as a "former" trader in my oppinion..That`s like u liked chiken and from today u eat only pork but everytime u drive by McDonalds your mouth starts dripping...
    Well, there are "former traders" and yes, I am one of them. I didnt quit trading because the group think of 'trading is evil', I stopped because I dont need to trade anymore. Please do not generalize, it makes you sound like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    a former trader is still someone who will never get anything given away here, unless the op is a complete retard.

for what i've seen here, there's only a guy that i see is taking a lot of caution on his trades, though i still consider him a retard. that guy that doesn't like romanians.
    Wrong on so many points, maybe youre looking at the wrong retard. Ask anyone here who has ever "given" me an invite how bad of a user I am, since I must be a bad user since Im a "trader". Generalizing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading has many negatives. It is (some) traders that also scam, and others sell invites or use ratio cheat mods to gain invites to trade quickly. It is like saying there is good trading and bad trading........? If there was no trading then there would be no scams and invite selling would be greatly reduced.
    If you just want to be a torrent site user and grab teh filez then being a trader doesn't have a downside (unless of course you are caught) some trackers just ban the members some share the relevant info with other site staff and suddenly multiple a/cs disappear under a global ban.
    If you want, after the initial buzz of having a tracker collection is over, to move on up and be 'trusted' or become a staff member on a site then a trading history counts against you greatly in communities that take this seriously.
    Really, lets step back here, giveaways are much more harmful to the trackers well being. Go look at the giveaway section and see the threads.. giveaways for screeenshots. These people and their screenshots can be anyone, cheaters, assholes, RIAA or what have you. Personally, I think that if someone is trading you an invites, there is less of a chance that they are any of the above. Now Im not saying all people who request are bad or all traders are bad, there are bad people anywhere. Im just saying blaming traders for all the problems is just ignorant and ignores half of the problem.
    Last edited by puckface; 12-30-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast