Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RevTT IRC competition launched

ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

There is a detailed forum post on RevTT which explains this contest in detail. Paragraph below is quoted from this post:
    Holiday Bonus runs from December 29th 2008 - January 5th 2009.
    You must join the #RevolutionTT IRC channel.
    If you are in the channel when the highest user peak is recorded you will receive the associated credit shown below.
    If the number of users in #Revolutiontt are as followed:

• 1000-1499 - gets you 10gb
    • 1500-1999 - gets you 15gb
    • 2000-2499 - gets you 20gb
    • 2500-2999 - gets you 25gb
    • 3000+ - gets you 30gb

For Example... On Sat 3rd Jan 09 the channel hits 2800 users and your in the channel then after the competition ends. You would receive 25GB UPLOAD CREDIT!
    One of the best things about the Holiday bonus is that all users logged onto IRC (including those who are idling) will receive the bonus as opposed to just 1-3 members in most other competitions.

How to join RevolutionTT IRC Channel:
    There are several ways to do this. In all instances you need to login with your site nickname and use the unique IRC key – the channel is invite only.
    1. Login to RevolutionTT and use the built in IRC chat page at https://www.revolutiontt.net/chat.php. You will need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed (Download it free from here) in order to load the chat widget.

OR

Use a 3rd party IRC chat client such as mIRC to login to RevTT IRC Channel (It’s easy to idle this way since you can keep the application minimized to tray just like IM software).

1. If you don’t have mIRC installed, download and install it. A quick search for ‘mIRC’ on RevTT will give you everything you need. After mIRC installation in complete, shut down and restart your web browser. Set the mIRC nickname to your RevolutionTT username (Tools—>Options—>Connect-->NickName)
    2. Login to RevolutionTT and visit https://www.revolutiontt.net/irc.php. You will see a command in the page. This is usually similar to:
      /RevoTT !invite NICK abcdefggherhjklghfdjkhfds
      (This command is unique to each username). Copy this command to clipboard.
    3. Now click this link –> irc://irc.revolutiontt.net. Choose to open the link with mIRC when your web browser prompts.
    4. If mIRC presents you with a ‘Link Request’ window, choose ‘Change to the new server’ option and press ok.
    5. Once connected, type the command you copied on step 2 into the console and press enter. You will be invited to the #RevolutionTT channel.

Currently there are 1500+ users online. This number will rise as the news spreads – don’t be left out.

Source: http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/200...bonus-win.html
    Homepage: http://www.filenetworks.net

My Comment- There are now over 1600 users online!
    Last edited by ramishka; 12-30-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added comment

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    pretty cool idea!!! go revtt !!!! ftw!!!!! lets make some wabbit love in their irc!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Bah i'm too lazy to do that tbh.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yep, this is pretty great. I did this last year too. Think I got either 10gb or 20gb of upload credit.

And KushBlow, there's nothing really to do. On the 8th, just click on the Chat link on the home page. The IRC channel will then open up right in your browser. Then just idle there until the 9th and collect your GB's.

I know free GB's really aren't needed at this site since it's so easy to seed...but still. Might as well take them for doing nothing.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

And KushBlow, there's nothing really to do. On the 8th, just click on the Chat link on the home page.
    youdo mean the 4th right? and thats assuming the peak is hit in that time(very well may be).
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    1734 Users in the irc at the moment. I was shocked to see that. Never seen so many users in the irc

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post

youdo mean the 4th right? and thats assuming the peak is hit in that time(very well may be).
    Oops, yeah, the 4th is what I meant. And I'm pretty positive the peak will be hit on the 5th. Mostly everyone wants free gb's. And RevTT has a very active IRC anyways. Right now there's 1777 people in it.

One of the numbers will be hit for sure on the 5th.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    if i´m not a user i can not acced to the irc channel.
    is that right?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    peak is 1801 so far...
    feels good, man

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai84 View Post
    if i´m not a user i can not acced to the irc channel.
    is that right?
    no, you're wrong. you can access the irc chan and you can also get some GBs for free, even if you don't have an account there!
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast