Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [KIMSUFI] Help about Setup/Configurations

72363 BT Rep: +4
    I'm going to buy a Kimsufi's dedicated server in a few next days and i need help how to config properly and setup the server.

I will choose Ubuntu Desktop because Windows Server will cost more bla bla bla.. so need help with only the most important configurations.

I toke a look here but i'm a little confuse about some commands.

I will only need to install VNC to manage the server in remote desktop throught my windows xp, install Wine to after execute uTorrent 1.8.1 application, and finally install a ftp server to download the uTorrent stuff into my home computer. These things the only i want a lot of help is install a nice ftp server. The others things i think i can install looking for this guide.

Server Hardware:
    Processor - Intel Celeron D/215/220 1.2GHz+
    Memory RAM - 1GB
    Hard disk - 250 GB

Server Connection and Bandwith:
    Connection - 100Mbps
    Traffic Unlimited (standart, so not always 100/100)

I think it's enough to run uTorrent and a ftp server that i'll use often. Correct me if i'm wrong..

If you can help me please contact via PM or post here to others users learn something and help them too..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    peugeottech's Avatar Poster
    I have that server at the mo and with only standard bandwidth dont expect great speeds for long

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    i have the same server...speeds are good...like 10 mbps easyly..i ve made 5 tb in one month
    1.after buying the server you will receive a link with a tutorial how to use a nx client,same as vnc but more configurable...
    2.wine....try to look on the oficial wine site...there you have a easy tutorial how to instal wine
    3.you dont need a ftp server...just use a usual ftp client and connect to your server
    btw...ubuntu desktop is very easy to use...
    cheers
    hope is usefull

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    First of all
    You have to choose ubuntu desktop so everything will be pre configured + user interface

1) Nx client (as teresckova stated)
    2) Sftp server (More secure)

And then the only commands you'll have to excecute are those (In order to install wine latest version) :

wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/...t.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list

sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install wine
    Last edited by seedplace; 01-12-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    This bitch is ugly BT Rep: +1
    Why are they asking for a phone number.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ. View Post
    Why are they asking for a phone number.
    to see if you from france,uk,spain,etc.....the only countrys from where you can buy from them....if you re not from this countrys,try a reseller

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by teresckova View Post
    i have the same server...speeds are good...like 10 mbps easyly..i ve made 5 tb in one month
    1.after buying the server you will receive a link with a tutorial how to use a nx client,same as vnc but more configurable...
    2.wine....try to look on the oficial wine site...there you have a easy tutorial how to instal wine
    3.you dont need a ftp server...just use a usual ftp client and connect to your server
    btw...ubuntu desktop is very easy to use...
    cheers
    hope is usefull
    Thanks man for your feedback and help!

Will do that!

Quote Originally Posted by seedplace View Post
    First of all
    You have to choose ubuntu desktop so everything will be pre configured + user interface

And then the only commands you'll have to excecute are those (In order to install wine latest version) :

wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/...t.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list

Thanks but however it's better NX Client or VNC to remote desktop?

I ask that because my friends told me VNC it's better and secure then NX..

Regards

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cstrik3 View Post

Will do that!

First of all

Regards
    Nx sessions are encrypted. In vnc you have to do a lot of things in order to enable encryption and ssh which nx has by its own.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cstrik3 View Post

Will do that!

Regards
    Nx sessions are encrypted. In vnc you have to do a lot of things in order to enable encryption and ssh which nx has by its own.
    humm... ok i think i will choose NX.

Thanks for your help,
    cstrik3

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    NX is a resource heavy application too .. FlushBox or VNC is ur best choice going with a lame config like that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast