Thread: Office Xp

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Does anbody know if I can download some kind of plugin for office xp that I have german grammars?

Thanks Benno

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Come on I'm sure somebody knows this.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Just download the german version.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I've got an english OS and would rather stick to an english office to if possible.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    L&H Power translator 7 will install a toolbar in MS office so you can translate. It has a bunch of features for quite a variety of languages. Mine came from emule.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I speak german and have used the office xp german edition spelling and grammar tools. To be honest, the german grammar tools are useless. They rarely detect mistakes (less than 5% of them), and when they do, they suggest incorrect "corrections".

You best bet is to avoid them anyway, especially if you are just learning german, since they will at best just annoy you, and at worst screw up your german document.

Monica

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    No Im not learning it German is my first language.

But i find the spelling correction usefull.

I will have a look into L&H Power translator 7 altough its not exactly what i was looking for it sounds very usefull.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    In that case, download the office xp german version, and install it using custom settings, unmark everything, and then only mark the proofing tools. Your english version of of office wont be overwritten, and you will have german language spelling and grammar, though the thesaurus may not be there (its another option, so mark that as well if you want it).

As long as you only install those components, your version of office will remain in english and still work the same way.

To set the default language in word, go into tools->options->spelling and grammar

Hope that helps,

Monica

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Yep thanks that helped a lot.