Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel & Palestine

BANNED
    I'd like to hear your opinions on the situation in Palestine \ Israel.

But I'd also ask you not to hold back what you really feel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see a resolution to the conflict in Palestine.

I hold Israel and the United States to be mostly at fault for the situation as it stands.

I want Israel to immediately cease their terror campaign against innocent civilians.

I want Israel to withdraw back to pre 1967 borders, and take the settlers with them.

I want Hamas, and whoever else is doing it, to cease the suicide bombings.

I want the United States to withhold all support for Israel if they refuse to act now.

That should be enough to start.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    "Make love, not war"...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by SlimShady@11 September 2003 - 15:47
    "Make love, not war"...
    Its hard to get a good rhythm going when they're shooting at you.

Billy, I will respond to this thread in time.
    I hope it doesn't get lost in the shrapnel.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    billy i agree with what u said i live in australia and over here the media is completely PRO Israel... we only ever see things like Palestine has killed inocent ppl once again, we dont get to see Palestine kids with rocks up against tanks and soldiers supported by america ........ we in the western world are led like sheep by those in power and the trub is most of us are unquestioning sheep which is sad

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    The main problems i seewith the 1967 solution you suggest is that Israel won't accept losing all its settlements, also the fact that an independent palestinian state would have every right to arm itself and control its own airspace which would mean a permanent state of very high tension between the two countries. I think there are also water issues with the 1967 border, but i have to check that out. Add the fact that sites of major religious importance are in very close proximity or colocated and I reckon the tension would be intense. I think it may be trading in the current broken state of hostilities for all out war.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    BANNED
    Since 1967, Israeli setllers have grabbed a further 46% (approx) of the occupied territories, against many UN resolutions, which, of course, they ignore. They are illegal under international law, they have to go.

The water issue I have heard about, I need to do some checking.

Exeus, one of the reasons the mainstream media in Australia is pro-Israeli is because it is largely jewish owned. Not the stations, the content, which, as you will know, is mostly fed to us from the States.

I'm also in Australia, it's almost 2am and I'm off to bed. I have a feeling this thread will be around for a while. I need to do some research on facts, figures and dates. I'll be back.

EDIT: As for the military issue, these things can be resolved, although Palestine may have the RIGHT to a large military force, this is not necessarily the way it need be. That, I think, would be one of the easier problems to resolve.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@11 September 2003 - 15:44
    I'd like to hear your opinions on the situation in Palestine \ Israel.

But I'd also ask you not to hold back what you really feel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see a resolution to the conflict in Palestine.

I hold Israel and the United States to be mostly at fault for the situation as it stands.

I want Israel to immediately cease their terror campaign against innocent civilians.

I want Israel to withdraw back to pre 1967 borders, and take the settlers with them.

I want Hamas, and whoever else is doing it, to cease the suicide bombings.

I want the United States to withhold all support for Israel if they refuse to act now.

That should be enough to start.

just nuke both countries, their worries are over.

but then only the Americans would do something like that.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Why doesn't america bomb the israelis. They actually have weapons of mass destruction.

Seriously they should evict people from the illegal settlements and make some new houses on them for the palestinian refugees.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    internet.news
    I am really sad and desperate when seeing nearly each day people killing themselves.

Although life contains also negativ parts (like unfortunately violence) - all the crimes are just being commited by humans aswell, criminals are just humans as well and will act like this, also if this is hard to understand: and it IS INDEED - it is sad to see people suffering the world.

Especially in Israel and Palestinia - ok, the conflict has historic roots and continues since 2000 years, but it is sad - where nearly every day and week some of these sad events happen.

I wish there would be solution. That is also why I think: We have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better.
    Probably if they would be more opened to each it could prevent some of this sad events.

thanks aynway, david.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    The world talks about the "creation of an independent Palistanian State"!!! I'm curious to know, prior to the Balfour Declaration, a Legal independent country-part of the UN body called Palestine. Legally speaking, has that reconginition been desolved?? When? How? What?

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast