Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Tracker curiosity

nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Many times
    But fortunately i've found a lot of great trackers, too.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    But m8s, I'm talking about music trackers, comparing Pedro's with What/Waffles, bc I use all 3 and the differences between the first and the 2 others is remarkable (in my case, dunno about yours).

I know this is somewhat off topic, but let me tell you why I disagree:

Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    simple no ratio system doesn't stimulate users anyhow
    I don't see like this... don't need to have ratio system to stimulate seeders. IMO, seedhours or bonus points (like HDBits) work much better than ratio. If there is no ratio, then must seed each torrent completed for at least 48 or 72 hs, or whatever... or can also be 2 mutually exclusive options: seed 1:1 or until 72 hs after download, which option you get first. In this case, who has slow connection is not affected, even if he/she is unable to seed 1:1.

Exemplifying my reasoning: ATM, i have 50 Pedro's, 58 waffles' and 28 what's torrents in my client, but only 6/136 are active and they are pedro's torrents... This scenario will be repeated day after day, within a few days I will have a good buffer in Pedro's and pathetic buffer in What/Waffles. However, they all became available during the same time on the client and if i receive points for each seedhour per torrent my efforts would be rewarded, and I was able to leech more and more

But i can't leech in What/Waffles bc to keep a good ratio there is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    ...there's no way to blame high speed users for bringing speeds to tracker, only current ratio systems are to blame if it hurts other users or these high speeds are denied
    BUT! if someone can't upload, can't seed, can't donate - just can't give nothing to the tracker, i can't accept no complaints from such users for some reason
    OK, Pedro's is not the fastest tracker in the world, sometimes is really slow, but i don't care, if i want a torrent i get it, bc i'm sure that can seed back 1:1 and won't hurt my ratio.

I have a 70 kbps up connection, no big deal, but it's not bad for my country standards, and can keep good ratio in my trackers w/o much effort, but i can't compete w/ what/waffles high speed users... that's a fact. So, to avoid hurting my ratio, my options are upload my own stuff and patiently waiting for freeleech time. That's life...

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia
    no ratio = no seeders
    as simple as that.
    I don't think that is so simple... tell me something: which the use of seeders if has no leechers?

PS: guys not look at my bad English, google translation helped me quite

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBird_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia
    no ratio = no seeders
    as simple as that.
    I don't think that is so simple... tell me something: which the use of seeders if has no leechers?
    i meant to say that the main problem of ratioless trackers is the lack of seeders on old torrents since many users don't care about 'long-time-seeding' if no ratio restrictions don't incite them to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBird_ View Post
    PS: guys not look at my bad English, google translation helped me quite
    np, you're pretty understandable.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 01-01-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    No Ratio is tough to implement (you need good and trusted members) but if you do implement it right, it makes the tracker a lot better I think.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    give me a tracker that can virtually max a 20meg connection, or even just respectible download @ 20KBs on a 2-3 yr old torrent, and that is what i want.
    Karagarga satisfy this criteria. there's almost always one seeder at least, even on very old torrents and if it's not the case, reseed requests are filled pretty quickly.

2 cinephilia
    Hi! Sorry, if bothering you!! I've been looking for karakagarga.net invitation for a lonh time. And by your posts you working witn that tracker and like it. Can I ask you to sent me invitation, if you have ofcourse? I would you grateful very much!!!

P.S. Sorry all for offtop! There is no PM chat at this site.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    vic's Avatar Poster
    Of course.

Waffles
    TiT

and more...
    Last edited by vic; 01-29-2009 at 12:56 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i'm dissapointed with SCC & PTN
    nothing special

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    U know what i never really been dissappointed in any tracker that i have been in, ususally because i do a lot of research into trackers before i join them, and also down to luck. And o yea i dont try to join every tracker a live like some people here do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345