Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading The File From Different Users

i have a question here, i'm downloading the movie Day of the dead from many different users and it's partitially, a little by little, so is it possible the file to be damaged that way? Because i have now downloaded like 110 mbs of 700 and i can't see preview of the file although i have installed all the k-lite codecs etc. (when i put a preview and it gives me nothing - black screen)
    i once downloaded program that way and it was damaged...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    are you getting sound whe you preview if not mabey its fake file

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    It shouldnt be damaged mate.You'd have more probs or the file would be deleted.If you cant play through avi pre..you could extract the first good block with kdat and tri on a media play.Or tri kazaa preview extracter.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by ck-uk@25 October 2003 - 10:43
    you could extract the first good block with kdat and tri on a media play.Or tri kazaa preview extracter.
    i just opened that small utility - kdat and don't see option to extract the first block, can you be a little more specific?
    and theres no sound while tryng to preview it

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    I havnt got any files downloading to check mate..but i think.On the left in the list of files,right click and it should be in the menu.If theres not sound also,your codecs either isnt installed or its a fake.But tri with a media player first or videolan may be the best or bsplayer.

Btw after you've extracted the data,you may need to add the correct extension.like avi.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ok found it, it gives me to open the file and then nothing.
    as for the sound i opened the file in cool edit pro and it had sound but it was divided in small pauses... searching for videolan now

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    yeah use video lan. some previewers expect to preview from the start of the film. video lan may want the start of it to preview!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    PAiNKiLLER
    Yeah videolan is sth real good...

Image Resized

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ok i finally got it!!
    i've made a temporary new file with kdat (it took me awhile to find the location in windows/temp ) then tried to play it with the usual players, none of them worked, but i downloaded the program called divfix and it works now!!
    Thanks guys!!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BANNED
    With that divfix mate,dont use it on the final file mind incase it messes it up.You only needed to use it because the file wasnt complete.If you need to rebuild the index block on another movie...tri somthing like virtual dub.Its much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast