Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Astraweb retention being increased to 270 days

Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    I think I might jump in today.. Need to go get a 'gift' visa for internet transactions..
    Astraweb was my 'second' back in the day that I chased after fills (i.e., before I 'bit the bullet' and paid the bucks for GN). Still have quite a bit of 'leftovers' from my last bulk purchase (several years ago).

But a few months ago, had some leftover monies on a gift card I tried to use to get a bit more from Astraweb, and their site would simply not accept it; not that it was something out of the ordinary, it was a BofA Gift Card, the biggest in the industry (at that time). But their site still wouldn't accept it.

Virtually all the 'Gift Card' purveyors (BofA has since gotten out of the business, btw), require tons of private information, virtually as bad as getting a credit card. There are a handful left that don't, but you have to really dig around without giving up your 'first born'.

They supposedly are 'accepting' paypal, so if you already have that set up (eBay, etc.), then maybe it's a way to go.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by llama85 View Post
    Wonder if a price increase will follow? I'm glad i got in at 11$/ Month
    Yup, so am I.

Everybody better get on it before they drop the deal. The price won't increase for current $11/month subscribers.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Looks like I'm too late. It's $15/month now.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Looks like I'm too late. It's $15/month now.
    Not if you click the link http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Well fuck.. I went a got a $25 card.. I was going for astraweb, but they don't seem to like the 'gift' cards AMEX from BoA.. But guess who didn't care.. Yup, Giganews.. So until I decide to get a bank account again and welcome myself out of SSL and back to the grid, I'll be happy to pay a couple bucks more for peace of mind.

Regardless I'm glad to be done with fucking Easynews..
    Last edited by 222MHz; 01-02-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Well fuck.. I went a got a $25 card.. I was going for astraweb, but they don't seem to like the 'gift' cards AMEX from BoA.. But guess who didn't care.. Yup, Giganews.. So until I decide to get a bank account again and welcome myself out of SSL and back to the grid, I'll be happy to pay a couple bucks more for peace of mind.

Regardless I'm glad to be done with fucking Easynews..
    Technically, it's not astraweb that didn't like the gift card.. it's their payment processor. I'm guessing you just clicked the Buy Now button? that takes you to 2checkout.
    They also use other payment processors though, if you used the special kleverig offer, you'll see at the bottom of the page it says: Dutch Users pay with iDeal here. You could try that, they also accept AMEX, ignore the part about dutch users, just change the country on the payment page

If you're doing one of the normal plans, the iDeal link will be on the left side of the page
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 01-03-2009 at 01:52 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    There's an idea for next month..

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    amazing news, yeah atm. there is no reason to stay with giganews, paying the extra 15 a month is getting kinda costly for me, already canceled giganews so at the next invoice, astraweb here i come! +D
    Don't PM me for invites.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    I emailed Giganews questioning the competitors announcements.. The reply was
    "Please keep an eye on our website, should be an update there shortly..."
    Less than 2 hours ago.. Time shall tell.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Holy shit is all I can say. I wonder how long it will take for them to start increasing.

Nice to see Astraweb starting to step it up.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast