Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Damn is this a reson to be banned from SCT

PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    but you edited all of your posts

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger99 View Post
    One more thing these sct shitters say that i tried to trade sct for its 3 months before,that means around 12 weeks before... though i am meber of its for like 26 weeks
    pwned
    So what?

Maybe you wanted a second account there, why not?

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    this thread is only spam ... already been solved so I don't see the point of more spam

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Torrenting>Sex BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayeR View Post
    but you edited all of your posts
    yeh stressed but by editing i have only added sumthin
    Last edited by Stranger99; 01-02-2009 at 02:28 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Right, I've read through most of this thread, and it's time for a reply that should make sense to all sides.

Detale and Artemis basically said it all. When you own a website, or even something non-virtual such as a book, money, a CD.. You not only physically own it, but you hold the RIGHTS for it (assuming you didn't download the CD.. ). Holding these rights mean you can do as you wish with it (as long as you don't break any rules, though on the web there are hardly any rules, if at all).

So, back to owning a website/tracker: The owner, and all the people he assigned as sub-owners (mods, admins, coders etc.), also share a part of the ownership as designated by the sysop. Hence, they can also do literally as they wish with all people under them. Joining a site/tracker as a member means you obviously know someone in the tracker that invited you there (or you traded for the invite), so you get INVITED to use the tracker and follow it's rules. On top of these rules, sysops and admins, mods and sub-mods can do as they wish with you, since it's their site. Their rules. Their ownership. You have no mandate over anything they wish or can do, just as you can't really argue with, say, a ban on FST issued by one of our admins (to say the least).

You should in fact be quite thankful you were given the opportunity to use the tracker you were invited to with all of its features and files available to download, and lay low, keep a low profile, and not cause any havoc.

In the case one of the above mentioned (admin, mod etc.) decides to ban you, for whatever reasoning they may have, there is nothing you can do. It's their decision taken at their discretion, meaning they do not have to, and to be honest mostly will not tell you why you were kicked from their tracker. Usually the reasoning is good enough for you not to need an argument.

If in fact you feel you were banned for no good reason, most tracker staffs will hear you out on IRC, which is pretty decent. If they still won't let you back in, then who are you to decide how they should run their site, and who they should leave in or not?

I'll admit, I was banned from BMTV for being an Israeli, but I said screw it, I don't care.. I can get most TV programs from many other places on the net, so why bother bitching about the reasoning behind my bannage? Their decision... Fair enough. moved on, and have no complaints about what I can download from various other locations on the net whatsoever.

So, for you (Stranger), and for the rest of the BT community - No one really cares too much about why you were banned, so bitching about it here basically causes flame wars and unnecessary spam. Bite your lip, grow a pair, and move on. It's fast, simple and easy.

Locked, and left here for the community to read.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678