Thread: Whats with all the spamming and viruses?

n00b BT Rep: +2
    Usenet is being flooded with crap lately. I almost exclusively download scene only, but now when i search for stuff it's annoying to sift through all the obvious spam. Anyone know what's the deal?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by h3liumX View Post
    Usenet is being flooded with crap lately. I almost exclusively download scene only, but now when i search for stuff it's annoying to sift through all the obvious spam. Anyone know what's the deal?
    Been going on for a L O N G time. Maybe your luck simply ran out a bit.

I've been telling folks for a ....(LONG) time, that if you utilize the 'posted' nzb of things, to properly take a look at the thing before blindly mashing the mouse button to download; use a good nzb editor (I use nzbedit) to 'cull out' all the... 'crap'... and give yourself a good try.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the original poster didn't put in the... But at least you'll know what your time is being spent on.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h3liumX View Post
    Been going on for a L O N G time. Maybe your luck simply ran out a bit.

I've been telling folks for a ....(LONG) time, that if you utilize the 'posted' nzb of things, to properly take a look at the thing before blindly mashing the mouse button to download; use a good nzb editor (I use nzbedit) to 'cull out' all the... 'crap'... and give yourself a good try.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the original poster didn't put in the... But at least you'll know what your time is being spent on.

How about trying a better OS? Windows fucking sucks.. You want to game? Cool... Build a gaming system.. You want a working computer install/build the obviously superior system..

Debian linux fucking rocks.. If your clever enough and are chipped by intel hook yourself up with a OS X.

I am a happy and proud Linux user that passes any and all viruses found on to you fucking idiots...

Complaining about getting a virus falls on deaf ears....... Use a OS that doesn't get them...

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Where there's a place that can be spammed, there will be spammers. Since Usenet is gaining popularity, spam is also likely to increase. It's the same for everything really (forums, irc channels etc) except Usenet is much harder to control.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 01-04-2009 at 02:10 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Only thing I don't like with the spam and other shit is that it ruins a bit of the searching experience on newzleech etc.

I don't really feel that all the fake posts is a big problem since it's pretty easy to find the right stuff anyway. It just takes some "training" just like P2P stuff.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Get a better OS and watch the headers... Learn about scoring rules and it really is a thing of the past... All this crap is only effects thoses idiots who choose to allow it..

Tards.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    n00b BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Get a better OS and watch the headers... Learn about scoring rules and it really is a thing of the past... All this crap is only effects thoses idiots who choose to allow it..

Tards.
    lol how old is this child? no one is complaining kid, merely asking what the deal was. go use your l33t debian to learn some maturity.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post

Tards.
    There is no 'superior OS'.

I do side with linux being my personal preference though. ( Ubuntu )
    222MHz is right though. On linux, only way to get a virus is to literally allow it to infect your computer, as everything is permission based.

That is not however a 'change-OS-now' thing. You can make any OS secure with a firewall, AV, and anti-spyware prog.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    This is one of the nice things about Newzbin. You don't deal with spam for the most part.