Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with utorrent ipfilter

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Smile

i have following every step on here

http://**************.com/2008/04/01...dows-xp-vista/

for windows xp,but i am still having problem

i cant get past step 3

having problem on step 4

4. After the file has been copied there, either restart µtorrent or hit CTRL+P in the µtorrent window, and select OK. To verify that the IP blocklist is working, click on the LOGGER tab and look for “Loaded IP Filter.dat”, like this:

[IMG]http://**************.com/tips2/ip_4.jpg[/IMG]

i dont know what iam doing wrong here

need some help on those who is using utorrent ipfilter

thanks
    Last edited by dr jones; 09-29-2008 at 06:25 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The link won't come up.

All I ever do is put the ipfilter.dat in my Application Data/uTorrent folder. Just drag and drop it into it, or copy and paste it. And make sure the actual ipfilter is named ipfilter.dat. If it does not show up in uTorrent with it named like that, then just name it ipfilter(this is how i have to name it on mine).

Now, after the ipfilter is in your uTorrent folder, make sure that ipfilter.enable is set to True in uTorrent settings. It's under the Advanced tab.

After you've done, select(highlight) any torrent that you have in uTorrent. Then click on the Peers tab, right-click in the Peers window, and click Reload IPFilter.

Then just go into your Logger tab to make sure it's working. In the Logger tab, you can set what you want uTorrent to show what the ipfilter is doing. Like you can have uTorrent show only the blocked connection by right-clicking then press Peer Traffic Logging>Log Blocked Connection. Or you can have uTorrent show the incoming or outgoing connections by following the same method.

If the ipfilter still doesn't work by doing this, then I'm not sure what your problem is. Since this is the exact way I've always done it.

But...I've stopped using an ipfilter since I noticed it started messing with my speeds. I wouldn't get as fast downloads or upload with it enabled. I think ipfilters block too many good peers. Or perhaps it was the particular ipfilter I was using.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    The link won't come up.

All I ever do is put the ipfilter.dat in my Application Data/uTorrent folder. Just drag and drop it into it, or copy and paste it. And make sure the actual ipfilter is named ipfilter.dat. If it does not show up in uTorrent with it named like that, then just name it ipfilter(this is how i have to name it on mine).

Now, after the ipfilter is in your uTorrent folder, make sure that ipfilter.enable is set to True in uTorrent settings. It's under the Advanced tab.

After you've done, select(highlight) any torrent that you have in uTorrent. Then click on the Peers tab, right-click in the Peers window, and click Reload IPFilter.

Then just go into your Logger tab to make sure it's working. In the Logger tab, you can set what you want uTorrent to show what the ipfilter is doing. Like you can have uTorrent show only the blocked connection by right-clicking then press Peer Traffic Logging>Log Blocked Connection. Or you can have uTorrent show the incoming or outgoing connections by following the same method.

If the ipfilter still doesn't work by doing this, then I'm not sure what your problem is. Since this is the exact way I've always done it.

But...I've stopped using an ipfilter since I noticed it started messing with my speeds. I wouldn't get as fast downloads or upload with it enabled. I think ipfilters block too many good peers. Or perhaps it was the particular ipfilter I was using.
    i done exactly what you have written

i can see the incomming & outgoing connections

but i cant see the blocking part

shown here

http://**************.com/images1/utorrent_ipblock2.jpg

http://**************.com/2008/09/28...n-utorrent-18/

But...I've stopped using an ipfilter since I noticed it started messing with my speeds. I wouldn't get as fast downloads or upload with it enabled. I think ipfilters block too many good peers. Or perhaps it was the particular
    ipfilter I was using.

how did you unistall ipfilter from utorrent ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ok, if you can see the incoming and outgoing connection, then that means the ipfilter is working. Now all you have to do to see the blocked connections, is go into the Logger tab, then right-click and press Peer Traffic Logging>Log Blocked Connections.

And all I did to uninstall the ipfilter was I deleted it from my uTorrent folder, then went into the Peers tab, then right-clicked on the window and hit Reload IPfilter. And then the ipfilter will no longer be working.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ok, if you can see the incoming and outgoing connection, then that means the ipfilter is working. Now all you have to do to see the blocked connections, is go into the Logger tab, then right-click and press Peer Traffic Logging>Log Blocked Connections.

And all I did to uninstall the ipfilter was I deleted it from my uTorrent folder, then went into the Peers tab, then right-clicked on the window and hit Reload IPfilter. And then the ipfilter will no longer be working.
    done what you said,but it still not showing the blocked connections

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    vanvan's Avatar Vantastic BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    put your ipfilter.dat here -----> Click Start > Run > %AppData%\uTorrent

Next, have µTorrent running, click the Logger tab at the bottom of the µTorrent window. Nothing much will be shown, since logging is OFF by default. Right-click and select "Peer Traffic Logging" and put a checkmark where it says "Log blocked connections".
    Last edited by vanvan; 09-29-2008 at 09:21 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post

Ok, so there is a check mark to the left of Logged Blocked Connections? If so, then maybe nobody is being blocked at the moment. Watch it for a little while and see if it starts blocking any ips.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vanvan View Post
    put your ipfilter.dat here -----> Click Start > Run > %AppData%\uTorrent

Next, have µTorrent running, click the Logger tab at the bottom of the µTorrent window. Nothing much will be shown, since logging is OFF by default. Right-click and select "Peer Traffic Logging" and put a checkmark where it says "Log blocked connections".
    did what you said,but it still not showing the blocked connections

Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post

Ok, so there is a check mark to the left of Logged Blocked Connections? If so, then maybe nobody is being blocked at the moment. Watch it for a little while and see if it starts blocking any ips.
    ok,i will watch it for a little while to see if it starts blocking ip,and post back here
    Last edited by dr jones; 09-29-2008 at 09:27 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    vanvan's Avatar Vantastic BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    maybe your tracker just is so private, so no one in there has bad ip, lol.....

ps: is the ipfilter value shown "true" at your advance setting?
    Last edited by vanvan; 09-29-2008 at 03:39 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vanvan View Post
    maybe your tracker just is so private, so one in there has bad ip, lol.....

ps: is the ipfilter value shown "true" at your advance setting?
    yes set to true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast