View Poll Results: How long before black rabbit flops???

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will flop in less than 3 months.

57 34.76%
  • I'd say about a year

11 6.71%
  • It will succeed.... Keep "HATING"

48 29.27%
  • This poll is irrational. Ftwr has already had success....wait...wait wtf is black rabbit????

48 29.27%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before black rabbit goes bankrupt..?

Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think they're gonna flop. But seriously.. I could care less whether they succeed or not. So many trackers pop up everyday with the same 0-day content.. and this new "br" site is just copying other trackers by being ratio free.

Oh yeah, they changed their URL too because it was exposed in the other thread. Pretty stupid. It doesn't take to much to find out that they just moved the site to the next IP address in their block.. and with that, it isn't hard to find out their new domain.

I don't see the point of being so secretive.. with all the posts about it on FST they can never be a secret again. Probably will just be like all the other sites that flopped after a few months.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Personally, I somewhat regret my original post. True, I wanted to stir the pot on them....True, I believed the sysop was sketchy in some ways and not altogether truthful. BUT whether I deserved it or not (and I did to some degree) he became extremely inflammatory...Not to just me but the whole community.

Personally, I think the site will last...I did not read the poll yet but looked at this as an opportunity to post an apology for my erratic and over zealous behavior...More than likely I have fueled your fire over there. One day you may even thank me...lol! I'm a realist though...

It is not my opinion, that they want to be like the similar named site. With the exception of the rabbit stuff there are no other similarities. As I said to him at one point in a different thread...

I am not dissing the site...As I said it does look very good.

words......words.........words......

Hope the best for your site and that 2009 is your year! I'd much rather see a site prosper than fail...I guess we'll see!
    I still stand by this statement...I wish failure on no site. I hate it when sites do go down...

Even though you yourself have said some pretty awful things in your retaliatory statements I wish all the best to you and the site and sorry to have pissed you off so badly...
    Last edited by bumrocks; 01-04-2009 at 05:07 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    if, as someone said, all publicity is good publicity, the bR sysop must be delighted.

well, i can't wish them anything good, after being insulted by their sysop, FST also insulted, and nothing happened to him.
    after his attitude towards members here, this thread is legitimated.

@Detale - did you read their staff's oppinion towards FST in the famous thread? and after all that you will still attend a request from them ? sometimes i feel a bit lost here.
    link me in a PM please, Thanks

Edit: Nm I guess I missed something there I'll re read that hot mess. Hey maybe I'm wrong its been known to happen...
    Last edited by Detale; 01-04-2009 at 06:34 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ^^Detale let's just say they talked more shit than they did when they banned TakeMS..Imagine 30 little kids hollering and cursing using tons of abbriviations and misspelled words...not pretty at all
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-04-2009 at 06:41 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

This is Hall and Oates reporting IN and we just signed up at bR and it has a bromance similar to ours. (no homo)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I say we combine FTWR and bR to create . . .

Follow the Grey Rabbit (or it might be a darker shade of gray depending on how dark bR is)

Who's with me?
    Last edited by th0r; 01-04-2009 at 06:50 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Oates's mustache is the shit.

I think FTBR will become some sort of success solely on its name. A lot of people(probably collectors and traders) will want in because they will think it's going to be another rare and 1337 tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ok well I guess I misses the tail end of that thread. Well TBH I could care less the guy obviously has anger issues. I can see why he'd be upset but he acted like a child and ran away and this doesn't make him look reputable at all. He's right he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone but then he doesn't need to come here to duke it out either. I don't belong to CFS so I don't know/care what happened over there either. Even with him being a dick I wish them the best.

Now why is everyone so upset that he ripped off the other rabbit? Many sites use the TB code to start out. I wonder if JGG is pissed, I doubt it he's a cool level headed giant normally. Also maybe there are other reasons for the "hater" pic who knows.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-04-2009 at 07:04 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by romeyroam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Is something like this really necessary? C'mon now why would you wish anything bad on a tracker? Honestly sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with people. Honestly I'm not even sure this thread should be left open. I voted It will succeed.

I am can only compare it to how this forum received another new site awhile back. Almost directly parallel. People posting the url, screenshots, lots of flaming, almost 30 pages of shit slinging and what have you but I don't recall people saying, "hey guys, why bash this site so soon? "

In fact, that 30 page long bash fest is still open, but that's no thing but a chicken wing in truth. Just an example of how this forum can be for people.

If they are serious, it doesn't really matter what the members of this forum have to say about the site. They will do their thing and win, lose, or draw, they will be what they are, and that is the point I'm trying to make in this post. In fact, most likely it'll only serve to galvanize BR to be a better site. Call it a "trial by fire" if you will.

my 2 cents.
    The 'trial by fire' for PtN came from the staff and many of the original members of the site. I absolutely and heartily agree that this whole culture has changed (although I am not a member) but a huge amount of the flaming in PtN's initial startup was due to the make up of traders on staff and as VIP's on the site.
    I am talking here about Golden/Juventus and the other original staff. Although I was on the periphery I saw alot of people's reputations get burned. I congratulate you , the other staff and Deadcell for making a positive change, for 'sticking it out' through the lean time and in creating a maturing tracker and community.
    It is actually this 'stickability' that is rare. There is the first buzz of a new tracker, the hordes rush in to see what it's all about, then make various snide comments about the amount of torrents, the seeder/leecher ratio or how much the stylesheet sucks, if it is different or there is a vibe, a core of these initial users hang around then there is a slow (and painful) maturing. It is during this phase, after the initial honeymoon that many trackers fall by the wayside for many reasons, but most commonly it is simply that the intention of the tracker was for a group of people to be 'staff'. When the realities of actually running a tracker, the effort and the funds that have to be generated from somewhere for monthly running costs set in, most of these groups simply pack up their bat and ball and go home.I'm sure it won't take many longterm members more than a couple of minutes to list at least 5 in their own heads that fall under exactly this description.
    Although I think that FST has descended into a flame fest from a small group of members shouting their own opinions all the time, I believe from how this tracker was conceived and from the rather immature reactions of staff/uploaders of this site that br falls into exactly this category. I would like to be proven wrong, but with reactions like the haterz jpg, the sysops comments on this and other forums and the fact that the tracker was created by a subgroup from StN make me extremely suspicious of the motives involved.
    Last edited by Artemis; 01-04-2009 at 08:47 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Artemis has got it spot on; I could not have said it any better than he just did.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 01-04-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast